General- ART Gallery

Started by RepComm, November 14, 2012, 09:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Well, I got Sketchup the other day. Just started toying around with some of the stuff. In short, I made my first ever attempt at making a good titlecard in Sketchup, here's the result.

Anyways, it's my first try in Sketchup, I don't expect myself to be a pro in 24 hours. :P

Believe it or not, you are actually doing better than most people I've seen start out wit Sketchup, they can draw a box and thats about it...

But remember, for making the really good art from it, practice scaling, and rotating your objects (especially guns or car models, those can be tricky), and then apply the style that matches the particular scene best.

After finding out how epic the Neon effect really is in PhotoWizard HD (yes, there's still some things I have yet to find out in the app), I had some fun, and for the heck of it, decided that Norris' avatar pics could use a little, freshening up. ;)

might be a lil off topic, but how did he get it to change every refresh?
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

April 30, 2013, 06:17:03 AM #109 Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 07:19:29 AM by {212th} Ldr. Norris
Whoa GM  :o I must have these  :o Not sure why I didn't think of doing that myself earlier.  :shrug:

Quote from: «ΙΞ¢KØ» on April 29, 2013, 08:58:02 PM
might be a lil off topic, but how did he get it to change every refresh?

To answer your question, Ecko, Tirpider showed me a site that will make rotating avatars :D you can put any number of pictures into it.

Quote from: Tirpider
It's an online image host that serves random images from a collection.
http://www.randimg.net/

Edit: I tried putting the new pictures into image hosting site but it doesn't appear to work any more :/ at least not for me.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

April 30, 2013, 06:04:58 PM #110 Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 06:06:50 PM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Glad you like Norris! :D I just figured your avatar needed something more. :P

Anyways, I was bored today, and having heard of SWBF2's Mass Effect: Unification mod, I couldn't help but make a sort of "title card" for the mod, as I didn't see one already.

The hardest thing for me about the title card was the "unification" part on the bottom. I spent a good 30 mins or so trying to get the gradience to match up to the Mass Effect title.

W. O. W.
It looks so frickin' professoinal...

Something I did just today. c:

Dang that's sweet! How did you do it?

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Quote from: {212th} Ldr. Norris on May 01, 2013, 08:05:26 AM
Dang that's sweet! How did you do it?

With photoshop and a tablet. I still have the photoshop file and most of my process lol. I reduced the actual size to not take up so much damn space on this post.

First I started out with a thumbnail - a very rough idea of where things are gonna be and what the silhouette will be like:

Then I make a little cleaner and detailed rough over it while adding and removing some things to it/from it:

I repeat the process and get a cleaner one over that, I have to be sure of the details of it and keeping mind of the gesture :D

I decided to stretch the figure and move him a bit

Now I don't know where I messed up, but I was suppose to darken the figure and erase dark parts to match the lighting coming out of the lightsaber, but I messed up somewhere. I lost that part of the process but I made a quick recreation of what happened. I added a background in, I think.

Then I colored it from there and clean up a lot of the sketchy lines while making slight adjustments - I lowered the belt buckle and moved the arm back a bit:

I darkened the places not exposed to the light, giving it a three dimensional look and added a red tint over it to match the lightsaber color and I'm done. :D

That's some good speed painting.
You might want to take a look at some custom brushes if you haven't already.

Sweet, you should get a job doing that xD

thats awesome, i love star wars art
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

That was very well done. I would try my hand at drawing on a tablet, but I just can't do it right. I'l stick with my photo manipulation techniques.

But enough from me, that is some very impressive Star Wars artwork. It's rare that I see some very good Star Wars artwork, fan made nonetheless.

May 01, 2013, 01:46:29 PM #119 Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 02:31:03 PM by UNIT 33
Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on May 01, 2013, 01:04:34 PM
That was very well done. I would try my hand at drawing on a tablet, but I just can't do it right. I'l stick with my photo manipulation techniques.
Tablets are quite difficult initially, it is hard to get your head around not looking directly at what you are drawing.
A bit of practise sets that straight. Plus they are way more comfortable for me to use, and then there's stuff like pressure sensitive lines and all those magical features.

EDIT: I suppose I haven't shared anything in a while. Here is a really quick thing I did in the last hour or so.
(45 minutes for the biro drawing, 15 for the speed painting in Photoshop to add colouration)
I was really tempted to make it a .gif and have something jump out from the darkness.