How can you make more than 2 AI follow you?

Started by Phobos, November 16, 2011, 07:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Well that is the question many of us wonder, because you can command at least 10 AI to hold their ground, but only 2 to follow you around the battlefield. What file controls this setting and how do we alter it? I want to lead armies like the game manual says you can.

i've gotten at least 7 if i'm not mistaken, but 90% of the time, i get 2. 2% i get 3, and 8 percent, 2 units get stuck walking into an object. the squad commands are a bit pointless because of the ineffectiveness of some of them.

ooh just thought of something: see if there's any difference between the # of ai that follow you on easy, medium, and hard settings
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

The manual for the game says "up to two" so that maybe a hard coded limit.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Buckler on November 16, 2011, 11:12:25 PM
The manual for the game says "up to two" so that maybe a hard coded limit.
Oh I see, I was referring to the Prima Guide for swbf1, which says
Quote from: David Knight
Issuing commands to AI-controlled bots is a great way to bring a sense of order to the battlefield. Get near a group and order them to follow. This is a good way to to assemble an attack squad necessary to take control of enemy-controlled command posts. You can also order a group of troops to stay put. This is very helpful in positioning defenders at command posts your team already controls. If your command posts aren't constantly defended, you end up assaulting the same territory over and over again.
It doesn't mention limits at all but they are probably hard-coded.