anti-glitch

Started by Led, November 12, 2011, 05:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
http://www.gametoast.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=11690

Battlebelk made is antiglitch mod, but the deathregions must be called in the lua and compiled into the mission.lvl file.

Based on his pictures in his post, would additional death regions most likely be:
    AddDeathRegion("DeathRegion");  (already in lua)
    AddDeathRegion("DeathRegion2"); (already in lua)

AddDeathRegion("DeathRegion3");
    AddDeathRegion("DeathRegion4");

-------------------------------------------------------------------

or
AddDeathRegion("glitch3");
    AddDeathRegion("glitch4");

?

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

November 12, 2011, 05:16:59 PM #1 Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 05:22:01 PM by Phobos Developer
Quote from: Buckler on November 12, 2011, 05:12:48 PM
http://www.gametoast.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=11690

Battlebelk made is antiglitch mod, but the deathregions must be called in the lua and compiled into the mission.lvl file.

Based on his pictures in his post, would additional death regions most likely be:
    AddDeathRegion("DeathRegion");  (already in lua)
    AddDeathRegion("DeathRegion2"); (already in lua)

AddDeathRegion("DeathRegion3");
    AddDeathRegion("DeathRegion4");

-------------------------------------------------------------------

or
AddDeathRegion("glitch3");
    AddDeathRegion("glitch4");

?

He could have done a better job by making several death regions under the same name so that stock bes2 lua would cover all death regions in the stock name. I've easily figured out how to do so. His mod covers 80-85% of glitches in cc but it's not perfect. Pretty good for a first release but I could see a better version being made. Are you saying you do not have the source LUA for his anti-glitch mod?

correct, i don't have the source lua's.

I want to reduce the spawn time (as you suggested a while ago) but I lose the antiglitch, unless I figure out what the names of his new deathregions are.

Quote from: Buckler on November 12, 2011, 05:24:33 PM
correct, i don't have the source lua's.

I want to reduce the spawn time (as you suggested a while ago) but I lose the antiglitch, unless I figure out what the names of his new deathregions are.
That should be fairly simple, just look through the WLD with a hex editor and note down all the deathregion names. If that doesn't work, I could try making an improved anti-glitch CC mod with all deathregions under the same name so that stock LUA listings would catch them all.

I know I and many others have been wanting spawn times under 15 seconds in PLA server for quite some time so I'm willing to help with this.

no wld file, all he released was compiled mission.lvl and bes2.lvl maps.

I will look in them using a hexeditor though, maybe they will show me something.

Quote from: Buckler on November 12, 2011, 05:43:18 PM
no wld file, all he released was compiled mission.lvl and bes2.lvl maps.

I will look in them using a hexeditor though, maybe they will show me something.
Yea I meant the world file for bes2.lvl, not bes2.wld. But the WLD file itself would give you the answer you need in a matter of seconds. Too bad he didn't release any source.

If I were to try making an improved anti-glitch I would also release the wld source and screenshots of how/where the deathregions look in zeroeditor.

Some of this work involves LYR editing in notepad.

November 12, 2011, 06:25:33 PM #6 Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 06:30:36 PM by SleepKiller
Regions are stored in a .rgn file Phobos. ;)

So you want to know what the name of the death regions are right?

EDIT: Got em' on CC the ones besides the already exsisting ones are.

DeathGlitchRegion1
DeathGlitchRegion2
DeathGlitchRegion3
DeathGlitchRegion4
DeathGlitchRegion5
DeathGlitchRegion6
DeathGlitchRegion7

So add this to your mission LUA.

AddDeathRegion("DeathGlitchRegion1");
    AddDeathRegion("DeathGlitchRegion2");
    AddDeathRegion("DeathGlitchRegion3");
    AddDeathRegion("DeathGlitchRegion4");
    AddDeathRegion("DeathGlitchRegion5");
    AddDeathRegion("DeathGlitchRegion6");
    AddDeathRegion("DeathGlitchRegion7");

I know that, I've edited both RGN and LYR files in notepad. You have to manipulate more than 1 file if you want to make them proper.

Okay I did not know that :/. Btw, folks incase you all missed I edited my other post at the top.

November 13, 2011, 05:21:23 AM #9 Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 06:08:25 AM by Buckler
Thanks--and just to confirm, you got them by looking at the bes2.lvl file with a hex editor?

Edit:  OK, I see them in his compiled mission.lvl file using a hex editor.

Thanks for the help--I have reconstructed the scripts based on the death regions found in his mission file.
If anyone needs them, they are located here
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=391

Now we can have our reduced spawn timer and kill the glitchers too.   :cheers:

I wish I could see the look on their faces when they die from trying to glitch.

Before it was understood what anti-glitch meant, players would try the same glitch over and over again...thinking they were doing it wrong  :D

Well there are easy ways for dark/clone jets to get in the chamber glitch. BattleBelk made a small error that allows you to get past the death region. Those kind of players will get banned if an admin sees them doing it. I have seen noobs get in the chamber glitch in PLA servers when no admins were on, and it does ruin the fun for everyone else.

I don't want the mention the other glitches in case glitchers are reading this.

If you want to fix it, I will host it.

It is on my to-do list, but it's not at the top.