[HELP] ZETools not working

Started by {TCE}Call-of-Duty, October 20, 2013, 12:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on October 20, 2013, 02:24:53 PM
waiting, waiting, waiting...

warning, warning, warning...loss of posting privileges imminent...
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

When you open XSI,
1 - does it have the ZETools menu?
2 - When you click it once, does it show the various other menu items like in the picture below?
3 - Does it show a dialog with the ZETools logo when you click the "info" item?

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

October 20, 2013, 02:50:16 PM #18 Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 03:00:22 PM by tirpider
Ok, I think we are doing ok then.

When you click ZETools >> import MSH
Does it look something like the pic below?

-edit
If it does, then try importing a msh.  Any will do.
If it shows up then you should be ok. Just don't click ZETools>>ZETools as that screen is being worked on by Ande.

The rest of the package should work fine. (It does for me)

If the import dialog doesn't show up, then something else is wrong....

October 20, 2013, 03:16:13 PM #19 Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 03:18:37 PM by {TCE}Call-of-Duty
yea the Import MSH option isn't in my ZETools drop-down, mine is:

1. ZETools...

2 .Export MSH

3. MSH Tools >1. Create Cloth
                        2.Manage Materials
4. Help...         

5. Manage Extensions

October 20, 2013, 03:31:52 PM #20 Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 03:37:18 PM by tirpider
Ah. From that list of menu options, I think you might have an old version.

Select the ZETools>>Help option to pull up the info screen to see what version it is.

(Another screenshot below for reference. The version number should be right below the ZETools logo.)

Either way, he switched to hosting the latest version on Github.
https://github.com/Schlechtwetterfront/xsizetools

The download link will be the button that says "Download Zip" on the bottom of the right hand column of the page.

To use it, put it's contents in your old ZETools folder in your user addon directory. (Overwrite if it asks, which it should.)
You'll need to close XSI to do it.

Start XSI back up and see if it plays nice.

-edit
oops.. forgot to add the sshot.

Okay its updated but when I try to import a MSH the same error message pops up  :rant:

Well shoot.

At this point we have verified that you do have XSI installed and working, that you have python and pywin installed, and that you have the latest version of ZETools installed.

If someone has experience with OLE errors and what they might mean, good time to share.

You might consider posting in the ZETools thread on GT. They will need to know what OS you are using, as well as the versions of python and the user path (just to verify that that isn't a problem. You don't have to include your name or anything.)

Ande still check in over there and there is also quite a few folks that use ZETools there as well. So the odds of one of them knowing what might cause it are better than here. They may go over some of the same thing we did here, bear with it. Most folks don't read both forums so they don't know what you have already tried.

ZETools, may do not to like some of the msh. One of the last version, do not like to import animated msh. Most of other versions, may do not like msh, because of some other reasons. To check, if it works at all, you have to try import different msh from assets.

Becouse of this issue, I have to import msh, with one of the old version of ZETools, and export them, with one of the new one. It is a best option for now...
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf: