[WIP] AG's 2fort

Started by aeria., September 04, 2009, 07:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 04, 2009, 07:22:51 PM Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 01:36:33 PM by ag
AG's 2FORT
A classic TF arena for SWBF!

Prologue:
I've decided that I need to stop dropping projects and need to work on something a bit smaller. The reason I've never released anything is because of either the SDK's limits (Zombie Mod) or because I just get bored to hell making it (Rebel Weapons Mod).

Also, the reason I don't try anything that involves Star Wars is because I barely know anything about it. All I know is that there's a bunch of droids, clones, rebels, and light saber people stuck into one universe. Why did I buy Star Wars Battlefront? I don't know.

About:
I've decided to recreate 2fort for Star Wars Battlefront. It's probably the most popular map in the Team Fortress franchise (READ: There are more than two TF games)

With that said, I am recreating Team Fortress Classic's 2fort.

Why choose TFC's version over TF2's version? It's a lot easier to make! That means I will actually finish it! I can spend more time on the level design rather than spending it on smaller items for visual effects (SWBF isn't that pretty of a game anyways so why drain its resources?).

Substitutions and minor changes will be made in favor of the gameplay and the fact that you cannot swim in this game. Other than that, this map will be very similar to the TFC's 2fort.

Progression Log:

September 4th, 2009
Nothing presentable or anywhere near done but here's a little teaser of what I am currently up to.

Update: The front is starting to get along. :D I still have to build the fort though.
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/8154/sept4th20092.png

September 5th
I spent more time on the accuracy of the front design today. It's as accurate as I can make it compared to the real 2fort. Other than that, I added an extra wall in the front

#TYBG

hell yes! Btw me and w0rm are trying to do a zombie mod...
i mean shhhhhhhh..

Sweet :)  :tu: I never liked da1 that much :P never was much of an arena :P

2fort is the best TF2 map no doubt. it would be interesting how you make this to swbf, but all part of the fun.  :shrug:

This looks very cool! I like those kinds of maps alot.

I added one more screenshot cause this map is THAT important :P

#TYBG

Yay! Finally another mapper, I guess that means the pressure will be off me for a bit   :happy:

But good job so far AG, 2fort is one of my least favourite maps for TF2 actually, but I am curious to see it in SWBF.

September 04, 2009, 10:13:13 PM #7 Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 10:21:49 PM by ag
My "mapping" is just one huge model that's the shape of 2fort :P

This map is VERY small compared to the usual SWBF maps. It's far smaller than Cloud City. I've noticed that bots are smarter in closed quarters (Eddie's Italia) so it should be fun as long as they follow their paths. Bots don't follow their paths (Raka).

Also BD,I might need to contact you later regarding water implementation (I suck at it).

#TYBG

Awww... I thought it was gonna be TF2 2fort from the first bit, but the screenshot is the TFOriginal version :'(

Sorry invertus. I really don't want to put too much effort into this project. That's how I end up not finishing it.

#TYBG

So you're doing real modeling with XSI for this?

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

That's how I made the ak47, rpg, and toz.

Recently I acquired XSI 5 so I can finally use the official exporter.

#TYBG