EA Teases Battlefront 3 title

Started by 411Remnant, May 22, 2013, 10:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
http://m.gamespot.com/news/ea-teases-new-star-wars-battlefront-game-6408642

Our prayers...our prayers have been answered gentlemen. They have come out and commented on making a Battlefront game. Its....about.....freaking....time. :D
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

We knew DICE was making a game already. Isn't exactly ground breaking news. Save getting excited till they actually have something to show you. Remember what has happened to every other developer to touch SWBFIII. FRD? Bankrupt. LucasArts finally had a crack themselves what happened? Shut down by Disney.

I'm just saying, you shouldn't get excited over a game that is still in concept art stages. Wait till they have their first gameplay trailer out. Truly great games spend 2-3 years in development, a lot of time for something to go wrong or change. (Place your bets now that EA falls before it comes out :P)

May 22, 2013, 11:28:29 PM #2 Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 11:31:20 PM by 411Remnant
I cant help it, I mean EA is the last publisher I would have chosen (I would have gone with bungie) but to hear that is a battlefront game, it comforts me that I dont have to wait another 8 years for it.  :cheers: "Raises glass" To EA not scrweing things up, or least a army of lucas fire hounds burn thier evil and take it back to hadeas.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Here, here, 411Remnant!  :cheers:

I too am excited about this news, if EA can actually pull it off, this will be the game that revives the Battlefront community and it's entirety! Now, if they are going to release this game as an M-rated game (which I hope it doesn't get released as), it would be my first one! :D Now if only my laptop will be able to play it..(which I doubt).

To think, I've been waiting since the Battlefront III footage got released back in 2008. That means it's been around 5 years Battlefrontians have been waiting! At least we didn't wait a full decade or more like the Duke Nukem fans. :P

Aw my dad doesnt usually let me play m-rated games.
Derp.

May 23, 2013, 06:47:31 AM #5 Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 06:57:53 AM by Josh
EA can make good games when they try, I think because of all the rumors of BF3 will make them put some work into it, I think EA is smart enough to know if they screw BF3 up, they are going to be hated for all ETERNITY! To bad I don't have much money so I can't buy a PS4/Xbox One and my PC is crap and doesn't play newer games.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on May 23, 2013, 04:34:35 AM
To think, I've been waiting since the Battlefront III footage got released back in 2008. That means it's been around 5 years Battlefrontians have been waiting!

Ive been waiting for swbf3 since about a month or two after swbf2 came out.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

Techincally, its not even decided that its going to be made. They simply said it was being considered.
HOWEVER, his wording seems slightly odd to me, like he picked his words carefully, and that can only mean one thing, its already been decided.

So new game engine eh ? i would love to see just a really advance version of the engine the SWBFI-II used Frist assasult is like BF3 with laser i bet *just my opinion*

Quote from: Nɪɴᴇ-ʙᴀʟʟ on May 24, 2013, 03:44:08 PM
So new game engine eh ? i would love to see just a really advance version of the engine the SWBFI-II used Frist assasult is like BF3 with laser i bet *just my opinion*
Zero engine isnt really advanced enough anymore. Frostbite is more than capable of handling swbfIII.

I know it's great news, but this isn't really that surprising. Battlefront is arguably the biggest franchise that Star Wars currently has, and EA has DICE working on new games. It might be a couple years before anything comes out, but at least the franchise probably has a future.  :cheers:
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever