SWBF1 Fatal Error

Started by {TcF}Dr.Penguin, July 26, 2012, 02:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
That might be a start.

There would usually be an indicator that there would be drivers of some kind.

Can I ask what make and model pc it is? I can sniff about on thier site from my end and see if I can find a usefull link for you.

July 27, 2012, 02:11:21 PM #16 Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 02:19:31 PM by {TcF}Dr.Penguin
Well By looking at the front of it it looks like it is a ZT and it has a emblem thing in the lower left corner that says "AMD Phenom II X4", if that is a type of model? or is that something else?

July 27, 2012, 02:21:57 PM #17 Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 02:42:29 PM by tirpider
Well, ZT makes computers, so that is probably the manufacturer.

Thier site requires login stuff to find system specific information.
This link (ZT Support) will take you to what I am looking at.

It has 2 steps listed.
1 Signup on thier site
2 Give them the serial# for your machine

They provide specs and drivers based on serial #'s probably because they build custom machines or in small batches. It's easier for them to keep track of individual products, but kinda annoying on the user end.

I'll sign up with them to dig around for more info, but I don't want you to send me or to post your serial number information. That should stay between you and them.

There should be something on the site telling you how to find the numbers they are asking for. I'll see if I can find a link.

-edit
Yeah.. they are one of 'those' kind of sites.
You get nowhere without the serial, and they indicate that not all systems are searchable....
Fixing this problem might not be as easy as it should be.

From thier site:
QuoteEnter your system's serial number for driver and upgrade information based on your systems individual configuration.

Note: Some serial numbers are not presently available via this search function. If your serial number cannot be located please click on the "Request drivers via email" link below the submit button.

There is no "Request drivers via email" link.
They do have a page with a support telephone number though. (ZT Contact)

If you can't locate some video card stuff via whatever serial number they are asking for (I don't know if it would be on the machine somewhere on on a document or even in the computer itself) then you will have to contact thier support team for information on how to get your video working again.

-edit
Good News!
Found this: Where to find the serial
That should help a lot.

Well I typed in my cerial number but, still nothing named 'video card' maybe it's called something else...

July 27, 2012, 03:02:21 PM #19 Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 03:24:38 PM by tirpider
hmm.. thinking out loud now...
Video Card
Display Adapter
Graphics Card
3D Adapter

Nvidia and ATI make a lot of modern cards.

If it's an integrated card on an Intel system, then it might need the chipset inf stuff reinstalled.

(I'm still wondering how it was working then just stopped working)

I can't get past the serial screen so I don't know what they are showing you.
Check both thier system specs page and thier drivers page. Something has to give an indication of what they put in that machine.

[spoiler]on a side note, this was what happened with literally EVERY Packard Bell back in the day. Trying to find drivers turned into a Magical Mytery Tour through thier site, only to find the drivers on an end users ftp site. Worst company ever.[/spoiler]

-edit
Found a specific request link for them:
Customer Online Driver Request
(must be logged in or it wont show up)

You may need to contact them and ask for drivers.
It's 5:20 (central) on a friday... they might not even get it till monday.

Hmm I guess it's worth a try. Messaging them now..

Out of curiousity have you tried 'upload rig' on xfire, that should show the graphics card if it works,
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I've tried before for other reasons and it didn't work but I'll try again, thanks.