Death Star II: Emperor's Throne Room (SWBF2 Conversion)

Started by Maveritchell, July 22, 2012, 05:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 22, 2012, 05:08:42 PM Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 05:30:05 PM by Maveritchell
Quoted from GT:

Hey all,

I had some free time this weekend and last, and for kicks and giggles I wanted to step through the SWBF2>SWBF1 conversion - and maybe learn a little about SWBF1 along the way. Since ZE doesn't work on my computer, I had to use one of my maps without terrain, and since Death Star II was already largely constructed without ZE, it was an easy choice.

I also took the time to play around and look for workarounds to SWBF1's limited animation system, and to play with this I made a pseudo-hero-assault mode. It plays... okay. I'll be the first to confess that I didn't spend a lot of time working this one through, and it's only really an experiment. I think the map still works great for team deathmatch with regular sides (which is what the GCW era has).

So speaking as a modder, I'm not a huge fan of what SWBF1 brings to the table (although I know a little more about that now, though), although it is fun seeing Yoda slink around in prone. Always silver linings!

http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/file/Death_Star_II_Emperors_Throne_Room;121124

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Pictures are behind the spoiler tag. Hope you enjoy!

No-.exe download:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/22022105/ETR_SWBF1_noEXE_zip

Well I think this is the first SWBFII custom map back ported, nice! Downloading right now.

My reaction:
OMG!! Downloading now!
Unziped
say it was exe
Cried for an hour ( maybe that's not true )

Does someone want to take it out of exe for me?

Just finished my first play through. You should download this. The TDM gameplay is fast paced and loads of fun. And the cool thing about Hero Assault is that he did a very smart move in using lightsabre models (I have been waiting for someone to do that.) so Darth Maul has two blades on his sabre. (Using that trick one could even get duel blades going in SWBF1.)

I think this map should be used in the next Direct Connection.

Quote from: kitfisto15678 on July 22, 2012, 05:20:49 PM
My reaction:
OMG!! Downloading now!
Unziped
say it was exe
Cried for an hour ( maybe that's not true )

Does someone want to take it out of exe for me?

Sorry about that! I completely forgot about Mac users. Added a .zip-only link to the first post.

Edit:Nevermind fixed it oops! hehe :)
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Thanks Mav! I didn't know you still played SWBF1! I'm gonna try this right now!

Quote from: kitfisto15678 on July 22, 2012, 05:45:04 PM
Thanks Mav! I didn't know you still played SWBF1! I'm gonna try this right now!

I don't really play SWBF1 often; I picked up the game about a year ago so that I could actually give reviews (as opposed to "herp derp here's a file, here's what I guess it has based on pictures") on submitted mods at SWBFFiles.

Anyway, have fun, let me know what you think!

Thanks Maveritchell!

Would you mind if we mirrored your map here, too ?
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

THIS MAP IS AMAZING!!! The death match is really fun and the AI don't get stuck! The hero assult is really really  really really really really cool!!! I love the new animations and the powers! I think that the hero assult mod has great potential and I greatlly urge you to do other maps with these heroes plus new heroes and animations! cough mos eisley cough  :P

Bucker: if you mirror the map can you do it in the no exe format for other macs?

Quote from: Buckler on July 22, 2012, 06:10:24 PM
Thanks Maveritchell!

Would you mind if we mirrored your map here, too ?

Go for it; just make sure it's always packaged with its readme (the base .zip file already has this).

July 22, 2012, 09:37:35 PM #11 Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 09:39:23 PM by kitfisto15678
Quote from: SleepKiller on July 22, 2012, 05:28:29 PM
I second that! I can't wait to play the hero assult with a bunch of other people! When is the next DC by the way? ( It better not be when I'm gone...  ;) )
:cheers:

EDIT: Hey Mav! What are those rebel skins in one of the pictures?

Great job, Maveritchell. Thanks for doing this.
I like it.
Possibly the wierdest map I've played.

Quote from: SleepKiller on July 22, 2012, 05:28:29 PM
he did a very smart move in using lightsabre models
I second both :)

:O Have these assets been released?
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: kitfisto15678 on July 22, 2012, 09:37:35 PMEDIT: Hey Mav! What are those rebel skins in one of the pictures?

They're stock Alliance textures - everything in GCW is unchanged from the base game.

Quote from: Snake on July 23, 2012, 02:25:10 PM
:O Have these assets been released?

Aside from the map models (which I don't plan on releasing), there's nothing really unique about anything used for the sides - they all use stock SWBF2/1 hero models.