Cod2 installation problem

Started by Jamman, December 09, 2011, 07:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I don't know if this is the spot for it, but Ill put it here.

I tried to install Cod2 on my computer today, and when I put it into the DVD RW Drive (G:), the computer doesn't recognize it. Nothing happens. I can see the loading bar moving, but towards the end it freezes. Also, I cant right click on the drive because it freezes too and closes the window.

I'm on Win7. All my drivers are up to date.

I turned off the Auto-play/Auto run, I looked around in the registry. I know the Cd works from trying it on a laptop.

If anyone knows what can be done, thanks.

Same thing hapened to me with an usb key, my computer ( Vista 32bits ) freezed when i wanted to open the folder it should be in...
It means it was recognised but didn't want to open it, maybe too old or something...

So, I've been screwing around more with this CoD2 thing, I badly want to play it.

I just bought new memory for my computer, I now am running on 6 GB other than 2, after noticing CoD2 requirements is 4 GB.

The freezing has stopped.

But now when I go to Install/Run my program from my media, I get this error message:

http://imageshack.us/f/215/29810819.png/

I have no idea what that is telling me, and how to respond to fixing it.

Any help appreciated.

check your BIOS configuration and cables make sure nothing is loose. if you still can't get the drive to work try it in another comp, if it doesn't work then ship it back in for a new one. Another solution would be to mount the ISO on a virtual drive but that also would require reading the game disc.