SWBF was going to have bonus movies at first.

Started by SleepKiller, October 16, 2011, 05:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Okay I decided to poke around some of my files and I looked at the one pschy0fred gave me and look at this.

// Bonus Movies
//..\..\_SOURCE_PC\shell\movies\batbonus.bik
//..\..\_SOURCE_PC\shell\movies\besbonus.bik
//..\..\_SOURCE_PC\shell\movies\endbonus.bik
//..\..\_SOURCE_PC\shell\movies\geobonus.bik
//..\..\_SOURCE_PC\shell\movies\hotbonus.bik
//..\..\_SOURCE_PC\shell\movies\kambonus.bik
//..\..\_SOURCE_PC\shell\movies\nabbonus.bik
//..\..\_SOURCE_PC\shell\movies\tatbonus.bik
//..\..\_SOURCE_PC\shell\movies\wepbonus.bik
//..\..\_SOURCE_PC\shell\movies\yavbonus.bik

Their was going to be unlockable bonus movies at first. I wonder why they got cut :/

When I got SWBF it came on 4 CD's as it was.  Perhaps they did not want a 5th or 6th  ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Mm, true the current movies add up yo over 800 Mb alone.

I'd like to try adding these movies back into the game as they were originally meant to be. Anyone know where to find them?

Quote from: Phobos on May 11, 2013, 04:39:55 PM
I'd like to try adding these movies back into the game as they were originally meant to be. Anyone know where to find them?
As much of the SWBF lua and ODF references, the assets were most likely not released anywhere we could get to them. I seriously doubt the files even exist anymore :/

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on May 11, 2013, 05:36:16 PM
As much of the SWBF lua and ODF references, the assets were most likely not released anywhere we could get to them. I seriously doubt the files even exist anymore :/
All I need is HD film (mp4 or avi) of the clips taken from BF1 console videos. If they are on the console I can port them to PC.

May 11, 2013, 09:14:22 PM #6 Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 09:19:23 PM by Kit Fisto
The PS2 version of SWBFI has concept art in the form of movies that you unlock as you progress through the campaign. It also has several tutorial videos that are available in the main menu.

Are you able to have the PS2/Xbox menu replace the PC version?

EDIT: Watch the beginning of this video to see one of the tutorial videos.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on May 11, 2013, 09:14:22 PM
The PS2 version of SWBFI has concept art in the form of movies that you unlock as you progress through the campaign. It also has several tutorial videos that are available in the main menu.

Are you able to have the PS2/Xbox menu replace the PC version?

EDIT: Watch the beginning of this video to see one of the tutorial videos.

That video is a bit low quality but would work if he wasn't talking over it. I can modify the PC menu in the shell to call on a custom video screen with tutorials and the other movies. Bonus unlockable movies I am 90% certain can be added as you progress through the campaign. All I need is the console clips in high quality without any sound, watermark, or other interferences. I will generate another MVS file that is also several hundred MB to contain all these videos.

Yes, the PS2 and Xbox menus can be used in the PC version.  They are buggy, however, if used completely in that form (like you have to work around the "Press Start to Continue").  By changing the "PC" or "GetPlatformStr" commands to "PS2" or "Xbox", the .lua will read those menus because the developers kept everything together in .lua.  Phobos has done something similar to this with the Tutorials button, but the tutorial videos were not included on the PC version, and the ones on the PS2 are too low quality.

No, this will not get you a spawn screen like on the PS2/Xbox.  That is .exe controlled.  Only the shell can be changed using this method.

These movies are actually referenced in "ifs_unlockables" in the shell .lua also.  They are the concept art and stuff (like Kit said).
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

We could include the unlockable concept art in there too probably. I think some of the unused LUA were designed for display art gallery in game.