Cod4 ModWarfare?

Started by Nikoli, September 21, 2010, 03:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Anyone here play COD4 ModWarfare? I was messing around and noticed that it's a mod that's included with the install. It unlocks all the guns, camos, and perks. Also why does no one play the christmas map, or the chinatown map? Those maps are epic! lol

I've played in modwarfare but for the most part its just a better looking version of cod4- its just optimized to look good. Aside from that its not anything special, the maps Chinatown and the Christmacrash, along with creek are not very common purely because people don't like them, but some servers play them, you won't find i don't think any of the addon maps (1.7) (Chinatown, Cristmas crash, Broadcast) on GR purely because the game was not designed to have those in the auto playlist, i would suggest using commands to load the map such as /changemap mp_broadcast, or whatever the map name is in the console and play them that way, alternatively mapvote works just as well.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

i perfer the OpenWarfare Mod on Bones.

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

If you can somehow manage to play in ver 1.6.5 of CoD4, look up the DSA servers.  They run full map rotations (except Killhouse/Shipement on a few servers) and have a wide variety of mod/custom map servers available.

The |DSA|CustomMapsOnly server runs ModWarfare and true to its name has custom maps only.

But you do need to be running 1.6.5 and not 1.7.  DSA only plays 1.7 for scrims in leagues.

I find Creek and Broadcast to be wonderful. In fact, Broadcast is my favorite map for CoD 4. :D

Winter Crash was a nice treat but because it's still Crash, it's mostly ignored.

Chinatown is a re-skin of probably the oldest CoD map in history. I find it to be interesting, some people tend to hate its recycled nature. Killhouse has fairly annoying spawn points so it's not my favorite map but it's still a worthy mention compared to MW2 maps like Estate... which I just can't stand to play.

#TYBG