Testers needed!

Started by Snake, June 14, 2013, 10:24:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I need someone to test something pretty simple. I am going to make a map with nothing on it but an AI placed in ZE, in order to test it's online compatibility. It's not very exciting, but it needs to be done for further fun stuff to be made! Anyone up for it? I will probably need several, so that hopefully atleast one of them can join my server on OpenSpy.

Those who agree to become testers gain the right to blow up the placed AI, in the event it should work.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

In the event OpenSpy works, I'd be glad to test it.

You had me at "Testers needed!", then you lost me after OpenSpy...

I would love to do it, but I really don't see the point of using OpenSpy if so many players have walked away from it already.

On a side note, 800 posts for me! :D

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on June 14, 2013, 10:33:45 AM
You had me at "Testers needed!", then you lost me after OpenSpy...

I would love to do it, but I really don't see the point of using OpenSpy if so many players have walked away from it already.

On a side note, 800 posts for me! :D
If we're counting posts only... currently at my main forum:

Well, I uninstalled Tunngle so Openspy is all I have :P so it'll have to do for this test.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I can test the mod. If you can host the openspy still without it showing server stats i can probably join. I had to reinstall tunngle recently to get it working again.

What time will you be hosting?

I'll be glad to help, as long as it's not going to be like midnight in WI when you host it...

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

June 14, 2013, 03:49:39 PM #8 Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 04:14:25 PM by Snake
I'll host a server starting right now and leave it up as long as I can. If I'm not there and you are able to join, just post here if it crashed or not. That way if the game isn't open I'll know if it crashed or if one of my siblings exited it.  :dry: Anyway, join asap. It will be called "Snake" I'll edit this post with a link to the map momentarily.

Download it here

--

It appears I cannot connect to OpenSpy? Pressing Join just leaves it waiting at 0%

Phobos, would you mind hosting the server?

--

Okay.. I tried hosting anyway and my game crashed. What in the world.. If it was the placed AI it shouldn't crash until someone joins. UGH! Anyway, someone please get atleast 2 people in one  server with this map to see what happens.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Well, I can do a quick self host on tunngle, if that helps.

Well I tried, and it crashed when I launched it.

That's so strange.. It works fine in SP. I guess there's something about multiplayer servers that just don't like placed AI. Anyway, thanks tirp.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I wish I could speculate on what might cause it to go down in MP.  SP worked on my end as well.

I've placed AI before, it's lots of weird fun.
Never got it to work online, though.

It's so strange, they just stand there not moving, until an enemy fires at them, and PRESTO. They're alive and moving to objectives.

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on June 14, 2013, 04:50:39 PM
I've placed AI before, it's lots of weird fun.
Never got it to work online, though.

It's so strange, they just stand there not moving, until an enemy fires at them, and PRESTO. They're alive and moving to objectives.

:blink: I've never seen them come alive!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I'm pretty sure they do. Like placing vehicles in ZE without a vehicle spawn.

It was a long time ago, so I might be getting mixed up a bit.