Previous topic - Next topic

Should republic commando get a sequel?

Never played it
1 (8.3%)
That game was trash!
0 (0%)
Yes. Oh wait EA has exclusive rights?
8 (66.7%)
Yes, I trust EA to give us a great sense of "pride and accomplishment" in a sequel
1 (8.3%)
I don't care if the sequel ends up being terrible just resolve the story please!?!
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Star Wars Republic Commando is a great game with a lot of unresolved story points, don t worry I won't spoil it for you. A lot of things.stand out to me including that you team mates ai is actually pretty good your not babysitting them like a lot of poor ai causes. Anyway what do think should it get a sequel?
I throw the ball to who. Who drops it and the guy runs to 2nd. Who picks up the ball and throws it to What. What throws it to I don't know. He throws it to tomorrow, triple play. Another guy hits a flyball to because. Why? I don't know! He's on third and I dont give a darn! A: oh thats our shortstop

Imperial Commando was going to be the sequel, but it never passed the concept stage.

Source: Rogue Leaders - The Story of Lucasarts (ISBN# 9780811861847)

Hi, I remember Star Wars Republic Commando fantastic game but If you wanna a remake of this game, today every game are pay to win, this is sad for best sagas like Star Wars and a fantastic game like Star Wars Republic Commando maybe not need a sequel.

I did know about the cancelation of a sequel called imperial commando but i didnt know enough to mention it I didnt want to give out any false info.  I didnt realize how early it was canceled though. I remember a couple years ago someone pulled an obvious hoax claiming there would be an announcement/trailer for imperial commando at e3.
I throw the ball to who. Who drops it and the guy runs to 2nd. Who picks up the ball and throws it to What. What throws it to I don't know. He throws it to tomorrow, triple play. Another guy hits a flyball to because. Why? I don't know! He's on third and I dont give a darn! A: oh thats our shortstop

Quote from: WilliamsWins on August 04, 2018, 12:43:02 PM
I did know about the cancelation of a sequel called imperial commando but i didnt know enough to mention it I didnt want to give out any false info.  I didnt realize how early it was canceled though. I remember a couple years ago someone pulled an obvious hoax claiming there would be an announcement/trailer for imperial commando at e3.
I suppose so many projects were in development hell in the last years of Lucas Arts games. Just look at the many weird Star Wars Battlefront sequels that never came to pass, for example.
Maybe there might have been an E3 announcement, but it got pulled eh. Just look at 1313 being announced and immediately canned...

The curse seems to permeate today... what with Visceral's canned project.

I think this weird time for the Star Wars IP in general, what with the low box-office returns of SOLO, and the massive budget TV show in the works.

We may eventually get an RC sequel... I recall how once upon a time no one really expected SWBF to really come back after the multitude of canned projects.