[HELP] Change map name on IA list?

Started by Kit Fisto, September 09, 2013, 09:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I struggled every step of the way. heh
Not too familiar with lua.

It wouldn't work all day.. even tried changing the loop to a for/do .. during the digging sessions looking through stock luas for structure examples, I noticed that some of them do start at 0.  I think some of the lists are dealt with in lua, and some in the executable (c/c++?,) so it could be either. Just have to know when you make it, or trial and error it.

Now the fun of going through my archive and renaming maps with strings that only I will ever see....
Yeah. That's a chore for another day (or month).

September 11, 2013, 06:25:44 PM #16 Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 06:32:44 PM by Kit Fisto
So...

Out of all of those posts I really only used this:
Quote from: SleepKiller on September 09, 2013, 10:22:26 PM
You can safely edit the strings so long as you don't make the name longer than it already was and if you make it shorter you need to fill in the rest of the strings will nulls.

Look and see the modding I did! I it didn't involve any munging, in fact. I did it on my Mac with not Windows emulator!

Original Map Names (ignore Jai Nollan, still working on that)

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Note these maps:
ALL of Eddie's maps and Tatooine: Judland Wastes. (that mispelling has bothered me for a long time :happy: )
[spoiler][/spoiler]

I think it's safe to say, yay me! ;)

EDIT: Success!! (Note Jai Nollan and Dantooine) See above picture for before map name change)
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Now I have to find a way to change "Tatooine: Jabba" to "Tatooine: Jabba's Palace" ...

Quote from: Kit Fisto on September 11, 2013, 06:25:44 PM
Tatooine: Judland Wastes. (that mispelling has bothered me for a long time :happy: )
Well... Wüste is just German for wasteland... because Rends spricht Deutsch!

Good job Kit, I think I'll have a blast at altering my Mac map list in a similar fashion, but with more immature humour.

i have a miniscript munger for this if u need it