Questions I Would Ask BattleBelk

Started by Phobos, October 11, 2011, 08:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
You could always put a peice of paper on your screen were the chat would show up.

October 15, 2011, 11:29:28 PM #76 Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 11:37:12 PM by Phobos Developer
Quote from: SleepKiller on October 15, 2011, 11:23:43 PM
You could always put a peice of paper on your screen were the chat would show up.
That must be what BattleBelk did when he hid reinforcement numbers (the friendly reinforcement count # being the same green font color as team chat)
http://www.xfire.com/video/ec7db/
No bother finding the LVL contain chat font textures, just tape paper to your monitor. Nice idea but unworthwhile.

Since this question is related to the other one I will add this to the first post:
* How did BattleBelk hide the reinforcement numbers in game? I have been able to hide all interface textures except those numbers and the ammunition numbers from showing up. Knowing the answer to this might help find how to remove or mask the chat.

Actaully it looks like hes just made all the TGAS 100% alpha.

October 15, 2011, 11:48:06 PM #78 Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 11:55:49 PM by Phobos Developer
Quote from: SleepKiller on October 15, 2011, 11:45:14 PM
Actaully it looks like hes just made all the TGAS 100% alpha.
Look, I spent almost 30 minutes directly modifying every single tga file (all 154 of them plus the others in msh) and making them alpha. I already tested this. It does exactly what battlebelk did except it also hides crosshairs, but doesn't hide reinforcement numbers or weapon ammunition numbers. There are no TGA files in shell or core to edit either. So the answer is not that simple. If it were I would have never asked this question.

See here, http://www.xfire.com/video/4e7bd0/
Except I left the crosshairs and weapon icon textures on for this video.

I think the chat, reinforcement numbers, spawn timer, and who killed who text is all related somehow. If you can remove one, you can remove others. BattleBelk figured it out (partially).

Yeah but BattleBelk knows how to decompile munged scripts, we do not.

October 16, 2011, 05:24:29 AM #80 Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 06:18:51 AM by Buckler
Quote from: SleepKiller on October 15, 2011, 10:26:55 PM
You can get team 4  ??? ?

Yes, indeed you can.   Take a look inside the map script geo1r.lua.

There is a clue there that was commented out.  You just need to load the sides and units, and
give them a CP, calling them local team 4.   I am working on a sample script to illustrate this, and will
hopefully post it soon.

--  Local Stats
    SetTeamName(3, "locals")
    AddUnitClass(3, "geo_inf_geonosian", 7)
    SetUnitCount(3, 7)
    SetTeamAsFriend(3, DEF)
    --SetTeamName(4, "locals")
    --AddUnitClass(4, "rep_inf_jedimale",1)
    --AddUnitClass(4, "rep_inf_jedimaleb",1)
    --AddUnitClass(4, "rep_inf_jedimaley",1)
    --SetUnitCount(4, 3)
    --SetTeamAsFriend(4, ATT)

I am still having trouble loading the sounds for the locals units--any one care to help?  I will make a new thread for it.  Here is a discussion thread for the 2 locals:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=3880.0

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I think that this has been a great thread.  It has been civil, and I think everyone has learned something.

To Battlebelk, I would say "thanks for releasing all the nice tools and for sharing as much as you did".  It means a lot to me when a modder can make a tutorial to help others learn how to do things.  I am into the preservation of information  ;)

To the coders at Pandemic, I would say, I would give you a small but reasonable sum for your source code, if you can get it off the 20 GB hard drive stashed in your closet. (More likely there than in a vault.  ;)  )
And thanks to all and especially psych0fred for releasing the mod tools.

And, I will  say to you guys, if you want to share anything, but don't like to write directions, teach me how to do something, I will write the tutorial, and give you the credit  :cheers:

Na pschy0fred I am 99% sure still has all his Pandemic goodies on his hard drive no need for the closet.(He gave me a file I asked for that was not released with the modtools.) But with four teams, that is just what we need to get AI into deathmatch that will kill you.

Fred also said on his site that there could only be three teams:  ATT, DEF, LOCAL...I think they are both of my teams are called local, but you can have group 3 and group 4.  But I have seen them attack each other, and I have them each at their own CPs...so dunno  :shrug:

Yeah it would appear so my testing was not that fruitful.

you can have four teams. gogo12 managed to do it on a republic-commando style map
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Quote from: SleepKiller on October 16, 2011, 01:14:54 PM
Na pschy0fred I am 99% sure still has all his Pandemic goodies on his hard drive no need for the closet.(He gave me a file I asked for that was not released with the modtools.) But with four teams, that is just what we need to get AI into deathmatch that will kill you.

what did he give you?
Current Projects:

The required file to rebuild shell.mvs.

When did you get that from him? and if he's still around, should we ask whether he still has all his "Pandemic Goodies"?
Current Projects:

No, trust me ask him that kind of stuff flat out you won't get a reply. Just ask me or Bamdur or anyone really.