PC to mac

Started by {ASFL}Cdr.Pain, August 08, 2010, 11:32:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
is it possibly to transfer pc games to mac?

August 08, 2010, 12:42:21 PM #1 Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 12:47:15 PM by ag
I could just put a disc of a PC game on top of an imac. Technically I transferred it.

In other words, please be more descriptive next time.

What you meant is if you are able to play Windows games on a Mac. There are some ways you can do that.

The best way is getting a copy of Windows and set up Bootcamp to install Windows on your Intel-based Mac. After that you can use either Windows or Mac OS X.

The second way is to get a virtual machine to emulate windows. VMWare Fusion or Parallels Desktop are the two brands you can choose from. I suggest getting Parallels, however there are minor compatibility issues and major performance issues.

The third way is getting a variant of wine for Mac, and that would be to use Crossover Games. This method doesn't require Windows, however there are major compatibility issues and minor performance issues.

Choose your medicine.

#TYBG

Correct Answer: Yes, however it really depends on the game and how much effort you're going to put into it.

#TYBG

Quote from: Red on August 08, 2010, 02:51:35 PM
I was giving an exact straight answer to the exact question he had - Copying a game directly from windows to OSX.

Haha in that case you're correct.

#TYBG

Quote from: {ASFL}Cdr.Pain on August 08, 2010, 11:32:12 AM
is it possibly to transfer pc games to mac?

Oh god... Don't even get me started on this. AG and I had our fun experimenting with transferring PC games to Mac, using the new (at the time) Intel chips etc. It was a pain in the butt and I honestly never understood it.