Your Most Epic Flag Capture EVER!

Started by ~{PLA}~ Seth, February 01, 2010, 10:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 01, 2010, 10:16:09 PM Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 02:47:09 PM by ~{PLA}~ Seth
CTF is a FPS and third person shooter classic multiplayer gametype. So, in any game, any game at all, what's your coolest, luckiest, funniest, craziest, or all around most epic flag capture? Heck, it doesn't even have to be on PC or mac or whatever you play on. It could be on Xbox 360 for all the rest of us cared. After all, this is in "other games."
I'd say mine is in Halo: Combat Evolved for PC. (I'm a Halo player. It has a great story and awesome gameplay in singleplayer and multiplayer.) Anyway, we were on the Death Island map, (one of my personal favorites.) CTF, all vehicles enabled. I was on blue team. So I get into a hog solo, drive around the island to red base, pick up a shotgun and pistol ammo while I get there. I enjoy the scenery as I go, just casually driving. I notice 2 enemy tanks far out in the water, front to back. Yikes. Luckily they didn't see me. So, I get to red base. So, I toss in a few nades, just clear it out in general. So, I go in for the flag. So, I'm going to the flag, and I try to run out to my hog, but change of plan, a guy spawned out there next to it. So I run for the teleporter inside the base that will take me to the shees, and I go in. I've lost most of my shield by now cause of that guy that spawned. So, I get up to their banshee spawn, no banshees. Crap. Well, I notice a ghost on the platform overlooking their side of the island, (where a ghost spawns) and I run for it. I also a notice a sniper with a sniper rifle pinning down my teammates. So, while I'm at it, I decide I might as well peg this guy in the back with a quick melee from the flag. (Melees in the back are instant kills in Halo CE.) So that sniper is dead now, and just a nother number in my kill count. Anyway, the guy I mentioned earlier has taken down my health and is shooting at me with an AR. So I get in this ghost, and my health is down to one bar. I start to back up, and I swear this goes in slow motion, but eventually I get to the edge of the cliff (In reality it takes less than a second to back up to it.) and I fall a good probably 50 yards down to the beach. Being in a vehicle, I take no damage. So, my shield recovers, and I drive back to my base with no problems, luckily. I pull up to our base, get out, and happily deliver the flag.

Mine would have to be in Halo CE Mac Demo, it was multi-player in Blood Gulch I grabbed a hog, drove half way up to the enemy base, I hid my hog and went for some stickies, mounted my hog again with another team mate were going toward the base and a sniper was on the cliff *Blam* *Blam* *Blam* My passenger falls out of the car, I was like "Oh Crap!" did a full 360 burnout the sniper missed and reloaded I used the second to my advantage gassed it toward their base, ran over a player the spawned in front of me I dismount my hog and run into the base grabbed a shot gun out of there base and picked up the flag, my hog was surrounded by enemy players who were about to mount the hog I threw a few stickies at it and got 2 kills grabbed my hog and raced back to our base an enemy hog cam racing behind me with an armed turret. Fire went every were I got hit in the head and had zero health left I skidded and stopped the hog the enemy hog crashed into it and tipped the players got out I threw some stickies at it but it didn't get me any kills, I ran into the base and scored then the two enemy players came into my base and killed me....

DS

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.

Nice! I wish we could have some vids, but we rarely remember to start filming at moments before our flag captures. And in my case, had I paused for even a millisecond to start filming, I would have not made it over the cliff.
And I feel compelled to say that this capture was by dumb luck in several places:
A. No one spawned INSIDE the enemy base.
B. He was shooting at me with an AR, which spreads out shots greatly, and will take take several seconds to kill you at anything less than 5 feet away. I was probably a good 15 feet in front of this guy the whole way, so I probably exhausted 2 of his clips just to get my health down to one bar.
C. The sniper that I pegged in the back with the flag didn't notice me.
D. There was a ghost left on that cliff. (Most of them spawn on the beach below the bases, however if there are 3 or more, 1 will spawn above the base next to the banshees.
I guess I do have my quick thinking to thank too. But aside from killing everyone inside the base, this was all luck and quick thinking.

Maybe I'll post a little "explanation video" to show you guys, since my description wasn't the best because of the "post box" freaking out for some reason.

Anyone seen the mw2 flag capture trailer?
With so much stuff going on with teammates, etc?
That happens half the time i cap a flag xD :P

To add to the other story, (not mine) if someone is chasing me with a hog cause I have the flag, and I'm driving a hog, if it's a pretty close chase, I'll suddenly brake hard and start backing up as fast as I can. Depending on the angling and the speed of the enemy hog, if you're lucky, it'll either flip them over or at least put them off course enough for you to get away fast. Sometimes you'll even send them flying 50 feet in the air, THEN get the hog to flip when it lands, which is always hilarious. The crew of the hog will be pretty pissed too. (Sorry if "pissed" is too harsh for the forum. I'll replace it with "ticked" if you want me to.)

My luckiest was in CoD UO: I was halfway to the enamy's flag, then i got shot thill i had like only 10 out of 100 health. Then i thought like im gonna die anyway so i ranned into the enamy's camp and i think they were supprised or something like that because nobody was shooting at me. So got there flag whitout them seeing me. Everybody suddenly started to shoot me when i got the flag.

Afther i was out there camp i grabbed a jeep and i drove it to my spawnpoint :D AND I WON!

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

ROFL @ the pic. Looks like how most people would've described how they ran like heck on their capture.

My most epic capture was in Halo 1 PC Demo. There were about 20 people in the server (10 on 10) i think. I had only played for like 4 days on multiplayer after I beat singleplayer. To be frank, I was horrible lol. I always got killed like halfway. I can't remember the map it was but we were surrounded by cliffs and there was a big hill in the middle. I grabbed a black and yellow hog with a teammate on the cannon. I floored it to the base and as I neared the hill like 3 guys with missile launchers came over the hill...I pushed the forward arrow down all the way and then bailed. The missiles hit the hog a split second after i bailed and my teammate died and the hog flipped way high up in the air and landed on one of the enemies. I ran to the right while they were destracted and was getting strafed by other guys on the enemies. I saw a hog that was left after a crash and I grabbed it before it reset and took it all the way to the bunker and almost got nailed by another missile, ran in, got it, and took like 12 minutes navigating to my base then sprinting in, getting point, walking out and then getting sniped :D
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

My crazziest was in Halo 1 Demo:
When just spawned at the begining i got into a fly machine thing. Then i got all the other dudes at the spawn so when i killed all of them like 3 times in a row they just started hiding in the cave. so then i went to get the flag. afther i got the flag i went to the cave were they were hiding and bashed them all one by one. Then went back to the spawn and got 2 more of them xD then i died

Hmm. Seems lots of people got their epic flag captures in Halo 1 or the demo. Well, I guess that's just as well.

Epic Game
Epic Gameplay
Epic Multiplayer
CTF

Epic Game + Epic Gameplay = awesome game.
Epic Gameplay + CTF = Epic multiplayer
Epic multiplayer + epic gameplay = epic game.

See my logic?

Well i can see logic, im only not sure if i understand it :D
I have an Awesome game once in SWBF i killed around 170 guys (in a normal 250 map) and i only died around 3 or 4 times. I was only one time in a venchle and that wasnt even that many kills