Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (Formerly Star Wars Battlefront Legacy)

Started by Giftheck, March 07, 2016, 01:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Please can someone make video.I really want to see and hear the new sounds. :)

Quote from: Ginev on July 04, 2016, 03:38:40 PM

If Gistech approves of it I'd happily upload a video ;)
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

It's fine by me.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

July 06, 2016, 04:24:16 AM #78 Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 08:09:22 AM by Gistech
A bit of news on Phase 2 (the additional maps): this will probably be done and released in 'packs' and will take a longer time than I originally billed. This is because, as of September, I am returning to education. It will be a 5-6-year process (I'm taking a prepatory course for two years then plan on going to uni for a minimum of three years, maximum of four). So spare time is going to be sparse from September.

I still fully-expect to have Phase 1 out by the end of Summer, though.

By the way: AutoAim. I found references to it in the Options LUA, so it might be possible to turn that option back on in the options menu so you can decide whether to have it active or not.

BTW, can I ask somebody to look at my common.lvl tool? I'm getting a "duplicate effects" error in SPTest, and possibly by coincidence and possibly not, it seems the takeoff and droideka roll dust effects are not working as they should.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Quote from: Ginev on July 04, 2016, 03:38:40 PM

Should be uploaded 5 minutes after this message, and come back in 10 minutes to watch it in the highest quality ;)
Be advised that this will contain quite a few spoilers on how this mod will look/sound when playing it. If you don't want to see this before you've tried it for yourself, ignore the "Spoiler" link.
[spoiler]
https://youtu.be/Z_3jIuWOcAI
[/spoiler]

Anyway, I wanted to mention that I have something big planned for this mod. It may not be released ever, but I'll see what I can do ;)
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: Gistech on July 06, 2016, 04:24:16 AM
By the way: AutoAim. I found references to it in the Options LUA, so it might be possible to turn that option back on in the options menu so you can decide whether to have it active or not.

That would be cool! And I wish you luck with school. I'm in the same boat, going back after quite a while.

July 06, 2016, 11:48:55 PM #81 Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 11:52:04 PM by Gistech
Quote from: Rookie 1 on July 06, 2016, 11:32:34 PM
That would be cool! And I wish you luck with school. I'm in the same boat, going back after quite a while.

I've got the option on the menu, but it doesn't seem to do all that much to change it. Maybe I'm imagining things, but although it still locks on with a controller, it seems to be a softer lock - I'm not fighting to move my reticule away from the lock like I would have been before. I'll look further into the files.

I've amended the CIS E-5C. I've only tested it on Medium but it does seem to be less of a struggle for the Republic now.

It might be worth putting this into a second beta.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Here's what I'm considering making the 'standard' Rebel Soldier skin (the Jungle version loads only on Kashyyyk and Endor)

In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: Gistech on July 10, 2016, 01:37:58 PM
Here's what I'm considering making the 'standard' Rebel Soldier skin (the Jungle version loads only on Kashyyyk and Endor)

If you were to have a Sullust map, this would suit it perfectly!

I might take on remaking two SWBFEA maps, and this might also work for the Mustafar map too in Phase 2.

In other news, I tested out the autoaim option and it does not function, unfrotunately. So I will be disabling the autoaim completely for everything but the torpedo launchers and homing shots.
In Progress:

On Hold:

SWBFEA maps are quite well designed, that is one of the only things I like about those maps.

Except, some of them aren't as big as the original BF and BF2 maps.
The years just fly past, don't they?

July 12, 2016, 12:38:11 AM #86 Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 12:42:39 AM by Gistech
The smallest map is about as big as Jabba's Palace in SWBF/SWBF2.
In Progress:

On Hold:

They don't want to touch big maps, or the clone wars.

What a surprise, EA is known for this.

July 12, 2016, 12:54:18 AM #88 Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 12:59:17 AM by Gistech
Quote from: DarthNyx on July 12, 2016, 12:50:42 AM
They don't want to touch big maps

All the Walker Assault maps are big maps. They're a damned sight bigger than those in the stock SWBF, anyways.

Quote from: DarthNyx on July 12, 2016, 12:50:42 AMor the clone wars.

You'd have to ask Disney about that, since the acquisition, they have moved completely away from the Clone Wars era, given it's easier to sow seeds for the new films in the OT era.

Quote from: DarthNyx on July 12, 2016, 12:50:42 AMWhat a surprise, EA is known for this.

Please don't turn this into an EA-bashing thread, this is a thread for my mod.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Well, I've just gotten back into BF mods.

I use to have tons before my PC died, so I lost most of the ones I had.

I'm actually interested to watch the progress of this mod.