New Computer, Strange Colors. (Out of Date)

Started by (IAS) Tombolo, May 03, 2009, 04:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Yeah, like Thomas said, it's probably a hardware problem that needs replacement. I'm betting it's the graphics card, but what's weird is that it doesn't affect other things like videos that also use the GPU.

That is a very odd thing. What's your video card Tom?

Yeah we got the full Applecare program... but I doubt my parents would be willing to go through the trouble of replacing the video card on the family computer just so my games look normal.  :/ As for the video card, it's the one that comes standard with the 20 inch imacs: NVIDIA GeForce 9400.

Do you have another computer you can try copying your SWBF.app to and running?

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

First off, the GeForce 9400 is not that good of a card, but it should definitely be able to run this game. Taking your computer to the Apple Store for replacement is not a huge deal, my hard drive fried about a month ago, and i was in and out with a new one in a matter of minutes. Also, graphics cards do not just run games, they are also used in other computer processes.

Unfortunately, the nearest Apple store is about an hour from my house.  Their tech support is pretty good... maybe they can figure out how to fix it without replacing any hardware.

I talked to my friend, and he said that there might be corruption in my drivers and that I should redownload them.  Oddly, Nvidia doesn't have any drivers for mac on their website... should I download this one?
//http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Drivers/Apple-NVIDIA-Driver.shtml

This one looks more like what I want, but I'm not sure how to install it.
//http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=141072

Well the first one is not what you want- you have a much newer version as that is for the 9.2.2 OS and you having atleast 10.5.5 heh

The second one i'm not quite sure but ill try to look into it.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time