New Computer, Strange Colors. (Out of Date)

Started by (IAS) Tombolo, May 03, 2009, 04:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 03, 2009, 04:15:28 PM Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 02:52:46 PM by invertus
So we just got a new 20 inch iMac.  I installed Battlefront and while the game appears to be running well in most respects, there are some major issues.

Tweaking the video settings won't help because the colors are messed up in the menu screens as well.

Any ideas?

If, you have leopard you will need to get the new 1.2 patch for most people the app will not even run, i can't promise this is a fix but its my best guess- otherwise a reinstall doesn't sound bad.

someone who has recently got the link should be able to get it.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

I already downloaded the patch, which was necessary to get Battlefront to run at all.  Could it have something to do with the video card in our new computer?

Check your color settings maybe?

#TYBG

Have you recently done LSD?  :/
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

Changing colors in system preferences, restarting, reinstalling, and lowering game graphics settings have all failed.

It should not be a graphics card problem, the iMacs have decent cards.
Try the patch at this link, it got it to run on my MacBook, and it's different from the official one on aspyr's website.
http://files.aspyr.com/support/Battlefr ... Update.dmg

If this doesn't work, I have no clue what else to tell you  :/

Got Drivers? (the latest)

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

Drivers are automatically done in the Mac updates :D

I assume this is another problem that relates to Aspyr's un-updated port of SWBF. Good luck.

#TYBG

Eat any funny-tasting mushrooms lately? Lick any weird stamps? Take a big gulp from the punchbowl?

"I can has ur goats? pleeze?" (Wikipedia).

Doubt it. looks like the symptoms of using a different SWBF site. The only cure is banning.

Try looking up an OpenGL debugger(or whatever it uses) and see if it shows anything peculiar

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

Did attekiller's link work for anyone?  It didn't for me.  (and it looks like one to the official aspyr site)

EDIT: Oh, turns out that repeatedly clicking the link in frustration downloaded a million copies of the file, lol.

The patch didn't  work.  What was it you meant about debuggers?

I just downloaded Halo demo and am having similar issues.

Please try out some videos- anything other game that might render a landscape and such and see as it does seem this is a video issue now, rather then a game one
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Youtube vids and movie trailers from Apple have all worked.  Downloaded a couple random quicktime vids, those worked too.  Seems to be restricted to games.

I hope you ordered a warranty....

You might need it this time.

#TYBG