[SOLVED]XSI error

Started by RepComm, July 01, 2013, 05:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 01, 2013, 05:16:51 PM Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 09:39:46 PM by -RepublicCommando-
Weird little error I get from time to time, when opening up the material manager. It crashes XSI completely.
If this ever gets answered, I'd like people who have same error to be able to find it as well.

Edit- A re-install of Softimage XSI fixes this issue.

edit by -RepublicCommando-: fixed title

PAR 0.7 error 021017: msg send to host 0 failed

I have never seen that before.

July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM #2 Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 05:53:51 PM by -RepublicCommando-
I think it has to do with not being able to send the mini wraped version of my texture (scene_material's texture on it's icon) to the screen, and freaking out and freezing up.

It seemed to go away when I deleted Scene material, but after I clicked on the plugin for diffuse (to get a texture), it froze up again.

edit- If I wait long enough, I can get around it, but I can't click on certain things, and the material icon is white.

July 01, 2013, 05:54:21 PM #3 Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 05:56:27 PM by tirpider
Could you use another program to convert the model then try handling it in XSI?

The angle I'm coming from is that perhaps there is some goofiness in the way the model was saved that XSI has a problem with.

Not all programs fully (or correctly) support the formats they read and write.

-edit
I'm totally grabbing a straws there.

It may just be a glitchy area of XSI.  I get weird "Failed to save scene before crash" errors sometimes.

Quote from: tirpider on July 01, 2013, 05:54:21 PM
Could you use another program to convert the model then try handling it in XSI?

The angle I'm coming from is that perhaps there is some goofiness in the way the model was saved that XSI has a problem with.

Not all programs fully (or correctly) support the formats they read and write.
I don't even have geometry in the scene, and it does that. It can't even load the pre-loaded Scene_Material that is there when you start XSI.