Weird Problem (Solved)

Started by Droideka, April 25, 2009, 06:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 25, 2009, 06:05:24 PM Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 02:50:48 PM by invertus
On top of my battlefront problem I have this problem where randomly alot of startup programs like AIM, Xfire, Windows Defender, spyware doctor, skype, windows media player close and whenever I try and open them up they have a crash with the error " ____ Program has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for this inconvenience"

What's going on?
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

Run a virus check, now.

Can you access any anti-virus sites or any Microsoft sites?

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Quote from: "Mac"Run a virus check, now.
What he said.

A virus or anything of the sort has tampered with Windows and it causes programs to go unresponsive.

#TYBG

THE KILLER RABBITS HAVE ENTERED YOUR MACHINE AND ARE ON RAMPAGE- SET UR COMP ON FIRE NOW!!!!!!

Sounds like a bitchy virus...

lol, could be a million an one things....instability is always an issue with comps...from what I have read so far you should really be panicking, not necessarily the case.

Just be thankful you use a mac....windows is terrible for that sort of thing...only happened to me a couple of time (nothing a system restore cant fix)

Good luck anyhoo!

Actually, Macs rarely have application errors- and you have to do alot to crash one or all its apps. sadly- Droideka has a PC.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Did this start...on thursday? My computer has a problem where the windows common controls (radio buttons, check boxes, etc.) somtimes overload the CPU to the point of crashing the computer. trying to roll-back the computer right now

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

I've done a virus scan and cleaned my system using CCleaner. I still can't open programs like Skype, iTunes, Windows Media player, Xfire, or AIM.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

Don't install Junk programs like that. The more you bloat your computer, the more unstable and slow it gets. Of course the Mac OS doesn't work like that which is why I have a Mac.

Install only what you use. Don't install 500 registry cleaners and antiviruses and crap that are completely not required that run in the background. For example, AIM is the worst program ever made. It hogs so much of your computer and bandwidth. If you want to use AIM, go to Meebo instead.

Other stuff you don't need is like Limewire, BearShare, or anything P2P other than uTorrent. Vonage, useless free trials, and AVG are also good keep away from your system.

If you like security, stick with ESET software. If you like stuff like optimizing your computer, stick with RegEdit and disabling Windows Services (You don't use Workgroups anymore I assume).

In conclusion, don't install Software unless you need to use it on a near daily basis. This is a list of what I installed on my Vista partition:

7-zip
xFire
MacDrive (Enables me to read Mac Files)
ESET Smart Security
Google Chrome
Steam
All of My Games

#TYBG