The "I Have An Idea!" thread

Started by Snake, March 07, 2012, 11:53:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Just out of curiosity, has anyone bothered with Cato Nemoidia? I know there's a map that a dude named Ghost made a while back that was based on Cato Nemoidia (I actually just now played it). However, the map I played was very true to Cato Nemoidia's appearance, unfortunately the texturing wasn't finished, which really made the map look awful. I get the sense Cato Nemoidia would be something Sereja would like to do, but if no one has thought of making the map, here's some landscape images to inspire you:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

And here's some of the buildings for reference:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Just throwing this out there, if anyone else hasn't thought of it before. :P

It looks like he or she made the models in blender (all the programs have they're own weird effect on models), it sounds like a good community map, I'll 'print' up some beta models until someone puts the idea to use.

Yes, it's cud be a very beatyful city map, and I am of'course interested, to create real Cato Neimodia for SWBF, but we should realise all gigantic mastabes of possible work. This may takes years, of free time for anyone, who mess with this... :blink:.
Well, I saw, how exactly should look's like Cato Nemodia, when playd SWTFU2, and sure, it's mostly cud be ported for SWBF. Now, it's possible to make, even glass columns, or try to mix bump with specularity, for "golden ivory" walls. But anyway, I will not open new serious project, till release my: Naboo: Otoh Gunga.
Still, it's cud be nice practice, for -RepublicCommando-, modeling skills, since, he open for requests ;).
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

June 04, 2013, 12:05:10 PM #63 Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 12:52:28 PM by Ltin
What if someone mad a map where its like a huge fleet battle?
The way i see it working is that you have two square/cube like "planets" that each spawn frigates and fighters. Each ship has 5 positions, 1 "captain" and 4 turret gunners that fir ethe ships turrets. The ships would fly up and engage.
The only issue i can see is what happens after ai gets to a low level. then all ai are stuck on the planet.

In SWBF1, possible only 5 positions: 1 captain and 4 gunners.
You may put damage region, in hangar areas, and all AI, will fly or die.
The most hard part for it: create vehicle, with 4 turrets.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: Sereja on June 04, 2013, 12:40:47 PM
In SWBF1, possible only 5 positions: 1 captain and 4 gunners.
ohh...
thats what happens when you dont pay attention to the threads you read. :)

Quote from: Sereja on June 04, 2013, 12:40:47 PM
The most hard part for it: create vehicle, with 4 turrets.
K-Wing to the rescue!
[spoiler][/spoiler]

I couldn't find Pshyc0fred's website to link you to the model. Sorry.  :slap:

Quote from: Kit Fisto on June 04, 2013, 04:27:28 PM
K-Wing to the rescue!
[spoiler][/spoiler]

I couldn't find Pshyc0fred's website to link you to the model. Sorry.  :slap:

Here's that link:
http://www.secretsociety.com/forum/downloads/Psych0%20Projects/BetaVehicles/Kwing/

Thats not a frigate though.....

Alright, I got a new idea that might interest some of yas:

Imagine the Titanic, in it's final moments sinking and the like, with the factions duking it out on the sinking vessel! Perhaps someone could make the Titanic (and if possible add the detail into select rooms of interest), and another thing. Perhaps implement the destructable CP idea as the part where the ship split in two! It would be a big wall dividing the spaces, and when it takes enough damage, the wall gets destroyed, spitting the Titanic in half! Though there may/may not be AI on the side that falls into the water.

Another idea my good friend Shazam suggested is that the ship itself would slowly be sinking, so you would have a set amount of time to win the map! It might not be possible, but if it is, that would be awesome too! :D (If it doesn't work, perhaps we could just flood a section of the ship?)

It's more so an idea than an actual demand, I think it would be interesting to have such a map! :D

cool idea i wanted to build a large ship / frigate map for zc but dont have the neccesary props

Maybe for sides you could have the crew fight the passengers for the lifeboats that have CP's in them.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

since i can export my models to msh i really was thinking to make Cato Neimoidia.But first i must finish my Tatooine map.

(OFFTOPIC:I almost finish the Interdictor Frigate.)

Maybe that titanic map would be possible in SWBF3. It won't happen in SWBF1.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder