How to host dedicated server using Openspy for Playstation 2

Started by MELVIN_FB727, June 30, 2013, 09:23:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
somebody know how to host SW Battlefront 1 dedicated servers for Playstation 2 by openspy or have the PC Server files to host? like at this video

I'm not sure about PS2 but Openspy no longer works for PCs. SWBFgamers used to host a PS2 server but I can't remember if that was on Openspy or just before Gamespy shutdown, there was a member here called PyroJockey (I think) who was working on PS2 servers but I haven't seen him for along time.
Sorry I can't be of much help but I thought someone should try an answer. :)
[spoiler]If you just want to play online the game is very cheap for PC now and with an adapter you should get a PS2 controller working with it.[/spoiler]
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

yeah i saw this youtube video as well and it seem like it works for ps2 does anyone know if it really works and if so what and how did they host 16player room and were could i find that info cuz maybe if it does work ill start hosting ps2 dedcated rooms again with 32player n 999 ai count like we use to in the past when stwbf was working on ps2

The room size and ai count is controlled by the PC based dedicated server software.

As for Openspy.. right off, I have to say it is flakey and if it works at all it is inconsistent.
To describe it otherwise would be dishonest.

If the OpenSpy DNS servers are up, then the information on that youtube video's page should get you on it.

To get the PC based dedicated server software working with OpenSpy, you will need to make a similar setup for getting the PC version of the game to work with OpenSpy.

That would mean editing your PC's host file and/or patching the server software. I haven't heard of anyone getting it working here and don't know the specific differences in the ps2 variations of the edits needed for the hosts file.

Honestly, I'd stick with the PS2 based hosting to experiment with OpenSpy because re-routing all your PC's DNS requests through a random stranger's DNS server for the sake of a game server doesen't sound like a good idea to me.

Our experiments with it showed that OpenSpy was sometimes up, and sometimes down.  I couldn't tell you if they are still operating or not.

I loved the PS2 version and played for several years (under the same name) and would dig seeing reliable servers up again.  But I don't think OpenSpy is the answer to that.  It's the right idea, just not fully implemented.

Oh ok openspy does work the video was correct I logged on and played with some good old friends on there with no lag yes if only we could figure out pc dedicated software like u mention then we can have 32 player rooms back up and have a real good old time :)