ICW3 Admin Thread

Started by hellish hellbird, August 01, 2013, 01:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I don't think Helios is in the position to make that decision without input from Oven and Shazam opposed it so I would say Oven needs to speak up and clarify the rules on radar for that to be resolved.

Quote from: Shazam on August 01, 2013, 01:55:26 PM
Apparently Helios can vote for me when I'm offline, so why can't I vote for Oven?

As much as I respect Oven, this is a SWBFgamers tournament, not an Oven tournament.

Right.  He just starts ICW3 threads to get oppointed.  What's to stop Birdo from doing the same?  We could have two extremists on either side of the radar views.
This is oven's tournament since he is the founder.
If you're going to start a new tournament in which Oven has no say in anything, call it something other than the ICW. Oven officially approved Helios and Shazam, so I think it's fair to expect the same requirements for new applicants.

this thread should be called
Re: Since Oven made Helios admin, bird wants to be one too

Quote from: Phobos on August 01, 2013, 01:55:51 PM
I don't think Helios is in the position to make that decision without input from Oven and Shazam opposed it so I would say Oven needs to speak up and clarify the rules on radar for that to be resolved.

It sounds like you're trying to hijack the control over Oven's tournament. How disappointing that will be to the ICW founder. If you're going to start a new tournament in which Oven has no say in anything, call it something other than the ICW.

Helios has tried twice to make an official call on the use of radar, have I?  No.  I have simply stated my opinions and what I think should be done.  If anyone is trying to "hijack the tournament", it's him.

And by the way, I highly respect Oven.  He has done an excellent job of guiding the previous tournaments.

Quote from: Shazam on August 01, 2013, 02:03:58 PM
Helios has tried twice to make an official call on the use of radar, have I? No.  I have simply stated my opinions and what I think should be done.  If anyone is trying to "hijack the tournament", it's him.
Helios cannot make official decisions like that without approval from Oven and Shazam first since Oven is the head admin.

xfire chat
phobos: we dont need more admins with extreme views we need a middle ground solution
phobos: the one which gdh suggested i think woudl work
Shazam: Helios needs to go, then
Shazam: Or he needs to get his act together
phobos: i agree if helios has to go then so does birdo
Shazam: Deal
phobos: i will talk to helios and remind him that he does not have sole executive authority
phobos: but if he still acts up you and i can both recommend oven dismiss him
phobos: do we agree oven has the final say?
Shazam: Please post that publicly
Shazam: Yes
Shazam: 100 percent

Legit Admin
>>>----Arrow------>
Say little when you lose, less when you win. :)

August 01, 2013, 02:37:39 PM #20 Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 02:42:19 PM by jdee-barc
 you guys ever thought of compromising? how about you split the maps 50/50 between radar and no radar.

side note - radar spelled backwards is radar.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

August 01, 2013, 02:40:04 PM #21 Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 03:27:06 PM by Phobos
Quote from: jdee-barc on August 01, 2013, 02:37:39 PM
you guys ever thought of compromising? how about you split the maps 50/50 between radar and no radar.
That's a good idea, I have already forwarded this suggestion to Oven.

Quote from: jdee-barc on August 01, 2013, 02:37:39 PM
side note - radar spelled backwards is radar.
OzMo FTW

Quote from: Snake on August 01, 2013, 03:18:22 PM
Please doo not change the subject of the post when you reply. It's confusing on the home page.
Then please change the thread subject to unofficial because this thread was not started by an ICW admin, just someone who wants to be one. It's confusing to ICW participants.

August 01, 2013, 02:52:34 PM #22 Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 02:55:09 PM by Helios
[20:31] Oven: Yes, of course you will be an admin
[20:31] Oven: Thanks for organizing it
[20:31] Oven: We may or may not even need a "head" admin
[20:31] Oven: If we get several people to pull the weight
LOL take a seat people xD. I dedicate this post to the haters.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: Helios on August 01, 2013, 02:52:34 PM

What is Oven to do if someone starts up a thread called "Official ICW3 Thread" and "ICW3 Enquiry"?  I bet'cha he would have let Anyder be an admin too, because he was trying to organize the ICW3, as well.

Do not take your admin position lightly, Helios, take it seriously and keep the fact that you are not the only admin in mind next time you post. 

Please doo not change the subject of the post when you reply. It's confusing on the home page.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Helios on August 01, 2013, 02:52:34 PM

[22:40] WusiBabyEater: Can I be an admin?
[22:41] Oven: Yes, of course you can be an admin BabyEater
[22:41] WusiBabyEater: and you should fire helios
[22:42] Oven: ya I should
[22:42] Oven: because apparently he cant admin right
[22:43] Oven: and its ridiculous that he thinks radar is not a hack
[22:45] WusiBabyEater: I know right it's so obvious

Hello Helios I'm Chris Hansen,Why don't you take a seat, take a seat right there...

Quote from: WusiBabyEater on August 01, 2013, 03:27:14 PM
[22:40] WusiBabyEater: Can I be an admin?
[22:41] Oven: Yes, of course you can be an admin BabyEater
[22:41] WusiBabyEater: and you should fire helios
[22:42] Oven: ya I should
[22:42] Oven: because apparently he cant admin right
[22:43] Oven: and its ridiculous that he thinks radar is not a hack
[22:45] WusiBabyEater: I know right it's so obvious

Hello Helios I'm Chris Hansen,Why don't you take a seat, take a seat right there...
lol that chat so faked oven knows that radar mod is not a hack

Locked until the cleaning-up crew arrives.