Closed
2 (22.2%)
Closed
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: August 03, 2013, 06:42:08 PM

Quote from: Phobos on July 29, 2013, 03:45:20 PM
Yes this is possible, but inconveniant.

Basically u would need to recompile each mission lvl from the mod map u wanted to "force" players to use DC: (addon) side LVL instead of stock. this means everyone woudl need to download new mod map packs, u could save space by calling it from a special folder for each mod map but still reconstructing each addon mission LUA (most source not included) would take alot of time. i have better things to mod.

Pretty much its possible but i cant think of any1 willing to do that much tedius modding and most players would find it more difficult than simply installing radar mod or removing it.

plus it would most likely break OC with players not using the modified missions for those mod maps

Oh, bummer.  That's perfect if it breaks OC though, because then everyone would be forced to use stock sides, correct? 

Why not just do that for a few maps and have everyone do what they want for the rest? 

Depending on the map, I could make new missions.  One with vehicles are harder.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I'm not doing the tournament but I'm following this particular thread in case drama occurs. :P

Maybe you could create a radar mod, but make it not work online for someone who doesn't have it. In other words, make a non-online compatible radar mod that you use in the tournament when radar is allowed. And when it is NOT allowed create a side just like normal but make it not online compatible with the stock sides thus making it not OC with the radar mod that is out now.

Just my thoughts on the matter. It would only require 2 side mods to be made instead of numerous missions.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on July 29, 2013, 05:09:21 PM
I'm not doing the tournament but I'm following this particular thread in case drama occurs. :P

We're trying to keep things constructive Kit Fisto, but thanks for the enthusiasm.  ::)

Maybe you could create a radar mod, but make it not work online for someone who doesn't have it. In other words, make a non-online compatible radar mod that you use in the tournament when radar is allowed. And when it is NOT allowed create a side just like normal but make it not online compatible with the stock sides thus making it not OC with the radar mod that is out now.

Just my thoughts on the matter. It would only require 2 side mods to be made instead of numerous missions.

We could always throw in some random non-OC line in the ODF and have Buckler host with it so that you would need that specific side to play. (Which would be downloadable.)

For that to work, only Buckler should know what he added into the ODF so people can't just make their own sides and then add radar.

That's not quite how it works for mod maps, kit.

Quote from: Shazam on July 29, 2013, 05:14:43 PM
We could always throw in some random non-OC line in the ODF and have Buckler host with it so that you would need that specific side to play. (Which would be downloadable.)

For that to work, only Buckler should know what he added into the ODF so people can't just make their own sides and then add radar.
Pretty much how I was thinking it.  8)
Quote from: Buckler on July 29, 2013, 05:14:48 PM
That's not quite how it works for mod maps, kit.
Do all of the mod maps use stock sides? I don't see why it wouldn't work then...

Hello everyone,

I hate to state the same opinion as my fellow "star wars gamers" here, but I want to comment about my opinion on this so called radar. I believe that radar should be disallowed from any gaming tournament along with any other modifications that allows a user to gain an advantage over the other player. This radar modification and any other modification similar to this would ruin the fun of the game and destroy a special tournament started up by a very good and friendly bunch of people. In saying this, I don't really care what modifications people use on their own server, private or public. I simply hope that these kinds of modifications will stay out of "star wars tournaments" for a very long time.

Thank you all,

{DarkSith}General.Kevin - The Republic Military, Advanced Assault - Star Wars: The Old Republic : The Harbinger Server (USA).
Hello gamers out there. I am just here to serve the Republic.
My YouTube channel: (AD FREE) http://www.youtube.com/user/kevinkimbro01
Please note that nothing I say or do on swbfgamers.com reflects upon {DarkSith} in any way, shape, or form. Thank you for your understanding.

Quote from: admiralkevin01 on July 31, 2013, 04:37:18 PM
Hello everyone,

I hate to state the same opinion as my fellow "star wars gamers" here, but I want to comment about my opinion on this so called radar.

We are all "Star Wars gamers" and this was made to hear your opinion. :)
I think, though, that this has become a bigger deal than it really is.  The mod is open source, free for usage.  Phobos said all you have to do is ask.

I am willing to script out a MP shell and sides for ICW3 mod quickly, but I'm not quite sure that's the solution right now.  Also, I'm posting my lua because I'm completely and utterly stumped. 

Note:  Recon droid has radar.  A watered down (small radius) version, but STOCK recon has radar.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

You guys keep chasing around in circles.

I will make an executive decision soon if you can't and it will be a compromise position.

If you can't figure it out in 24 hours, you have a choice of the compromise or no ICW3 organized by SWBFgamers.

Quote from: Buckler on July 31, 2013, 06:21:15 PM
You guys keep chasing around in circles.

I will make an executive decision soon if you can't and it will be a compromise position.

If you can't figure it out in 24 hours, you have a choice of the compromise or no ICW3 organized by SWBFgamers.
How about instead of listening to us yell at eachother.. Why don't you look at the votes and see which answer gets the highest amount of votes? Oh logic.. yea a lot of us cannot think about that anymore.. :) (No offense intended)
Hello gamers out there. I am just here to serve the Republic.
My YouTube channel: (AD FREE) http://www.youtube.com/user/kevinkimbro01
Please note that nothing I say or do on swbfgamers.com reflects upon {DarkSith} in any way, shape, or form. Thank you for your understanding.

Quote from: admiralkevin01 on July 31, 2013, 06:22:37 PM
How about instead of listening to us yell at eachother.. Why don't you look at the votes and see which answer gets the highest amount of votes? Oh logic.. yea a lot of us cannot think about that anymore.. :) (No offense intended)

Ive looked at the results.  The IDC was a bad choice.  Depending on how you count them, it can look like 50%-50%.  Thus the edict on the compromise.

If no one wants to compromise, then case closed.

Quote from: Phobos on July 31, 2013, 06:26:54 PM
Corrected, see the fact that they are fair and not bad or unfair. Ultimately the admins have final say, not the poll (unless Oven says otherwise)
please explain the compromise offer in more detail

I am hoping that things will get worked out on their own.

Otherwise, there is that parable about splitting the baby in half  ;)

Keep in mind we are not discussing the merits or lack of merits of using that particular item, we are discussing how to handle the issue in the tournament. 

The merits or lack of merits have already been discussed at great length here, and I will start removing posts to another thread if such discussion continues.

Thats how its going to work, you have the choice to download radar, ICW3 will have radar in it, and its now available to all so dont complain.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios