iTunes 8.2 (Solved)

Started by Radical_Pi, June 07, 2009, 09:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 07, 2009, 09:32:51 PM Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 12:37:38 PM by Hardcore
Hey guys. I've been trying to update iTunes to 8.2 for a while and I keep getting an error about "iTunes.msi not found". I can find the file just fine, but when I attempt to manually input the location, the updater claims it is an "invalid installer file" or something like that.

I haven't tried doing a fresh install of iTunes yet since I don't want to go through the hassle of re-doing my library once again :(

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

Most installers have the ability to "repair" the files. It's worth a shot to download it off the website again. I don't know of iTunes has that ability but it should be of some use.

Also, a fresh install isn't that bad... Just move the folder with your music out and then stick it in again once a fresh install is done.

#TYBG

Yeah, what he said.

"I can has ur goats? pleeze?" (Wikipedia).

Got it to work! All I had to do was run the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility on iTunes then everything on the update went smoothly. iTunes is updating the library right now :tu:

For the first time, I am smarter than Pi Man! This is a milestone for me...

#TYBG

Quote from: "Thomas"For the first time, I am smarter than Pi Man! This is a milestone for me...
OH MY GOD!! WEVE FINALLY OUT-SMARTED MAC!! WE MUST EMBRACE THIS MOMENT!!

He usually has all the answers. LOL!

Newest one!

Quote from: "Traveler 5"
Quote from: "Thomas"For the first time, I am smarter than Pi Man! This is a milestone for me...

Err... Mac?

#TYBG

woops, ment pi! lol

Newest one!

Quote from: "Thomas"Most installers have the ability to "repair" the files. It's worth a shot to download it off the website again. I don't know of iTunes has that ability but it should be of some use.

Also, a fresh install isn't that bad... Just move the folder with your music out and then stick it in again once a fresh install is done.

Quote from: "The_Awesome_Smart_Pi"Got it to work! All I had to do was run the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility on iTunes then everything on the update went smoothly. iTunes is updating the library right now XD

I still retain my status as site nerd

btw, this is exactly the response I would get from my classmates (near exact quote :P)
Quote from: "Lesser intelligence commoners"OH MY GOD!! WEVE FINALLY OUT-SMARTED [removed]!! WE MUST EMBRACE THIS MOMENT!!

Quote from: "Traveler 5"

Jesus christ I'm not the brainiac here. I'm not a computer nerd like Pi.

see the things you can cause when you misspell something?

Newest one!