Where'd the SWBF Mac community go?

Started by Da Grinch, August 12, 2011, 11:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey everyone.

I've been on GameRanger recently, and there is literally no one playing SWBF anymore.

What happened? D:

I was online yesterday,
but I didn't see anyone playing Bf too and
I left.

When I go online i just look for cloud city.

I certainly know there's an Eastern European SWBF mac community. Unfortunately, they only play 1.0, as the patches never came out in their countries, so I've never played with them.

Oh and Keen, GR doesn't show the map being played, it only ever shows whether there are SWBF rooms or not.

August 13, 2011, 03:50:28 AM #4 Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 03:52:28 AM by Buckler
I don't have access to gameranger, but there are only 2-3 macs that come here anymore :(

I think the operating system upgrade put the final nails in the coffin.

oh, and Mike, Macs have their own system like GameSpy, called Gameranger.  The only way we that PCs and Macs can  play is by Direct Connection (DC).

--and I would be happy to host DC's again, if there were any Macs to play.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

August 13, 2011, 08:27:00 AM #5 Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 08:28:32 AM by jdee-barc
  :censored: question deleted by me. i found the answer right before i posted.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Well... there's me... that mac guy who's still here, who's always happy to play :P

Okay, good to know some people are still playing.  I'll try to host a game every night around 8 or 9 PST for the next week or two.

Oh right, yeah. The reason you'll never see me is because I'm in GMT0.. so yeah.

I can't be online at 8 or 9 PST too,
In my country everyone's sleeping at that time ( 4,5 am).

I'm a mac and alive!!!!!! It would be nice if we had like a weekly dc server again since GR is pretty dead  :(

Yeah, a DC server would be a good idea.  I'd be willing to host -- can I host in the background and use my computer for other stuff?

Also, I'm running a GR server right now if anyone's around :)