REQUEST: trooper target

Started by Led, August 22, 2011, 05:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi,

I wanted to see if anyone could make a stationary trooper target that I could use for fly-by dark trooper head shot practice.

The idea would be to have the thing stay still, and then blow up when you get the equivalent of a headshot, and
then maybe rebuild itself.

Thanks!
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

do you want 2d or 3d trooper, i can make it explode when u get hs but im not sure anything else and i dont think i can make it repair itself without a pilot doing that

Hi Bamdur,

3-d if possible. 

I have noticed that the courtyard turret auto-repairs some times.

Hey--maybe I could have some AI run around and repair them, like in Mos Eisley :P

You have a cool idea. Many possiblities to get this working. Online compitable is the best method. What if each troop is a mesh so small that the body is the size of the troops head (server side troop mod). Raise the troop so that he is walking on a axis plane level to the head of a regular troop (server side troop mod). And when you shoot the body of regular troop you get no kill (regular game side troop files). If you hit the head then that is a kill (server side troop mod registers kill). And if the ai is told to be standing still with no nodes to go to then that is a stationary target (server side mod map). And if the for example droid death chunks explode then that can be a cool blowed up target practic (game side troop mod or regular troop files).

At the least only two online compatible mods would have to be made.
Online compatible server side stock game mod map city like Cloud city. No or fewer nodes for troops to path to.
Online compatible server side troop mod. Troops are small and at a higher walking level head height.

The easiest way I can think of that would be online compatible would be to open cloud city in zeroeditor. Pick where you want the bot to spawn. Say courtyard so move all spawns from one team to that one area. Then put a barrier around it so bots don't move. In LUA you can make only 1 bot spawn or several bots spawn. You can make respawn time lwer such as instant (0 seconds) or leave it default (10 seconds). Would be a simple mod to make and would work on any stock map. Easy headshot practice. You don't have to make them completely stationary you can give them a small area to walk around in but usually they will stand still and spin around. You can also make it so they do not shoot at players.

Trooper droid that is repaired would have to be built in XSI and would require more work. So would scaling units.

Glad to see you can make a server side cloud city map for us with the easiest method. Zombie Hotel Developer, will you be able to make it soon?
Bamdur has a scalled down troop already. Maybe that troop model can be moved up to head height and be the server side troop file. Will you be able to do this for us bamdur?

If Led wants me to, then I need specifics. How many troopers, how stationary, and where/how often to spawn? It could be done in less than an hour.

i was thinking either a static or animated destructable prop... but your ideas are good too

Please allow so that any one who joins can have fun with out a download.

Quote from: Bamdur on August 23, 2011, 07:42:31 PM
i was thinking either a static or animated destructable prop... but your ideas are good too

Would be cool if you made that it could be used on mod maps.

Quote from: Xfire Keenmike aka          cull on August 23, 2011, 08:46:35 PM
Please allow so that any one who joins can have fun with out a download.

There are many options.

ah, I was thinking of just something simple that I could place in the courtyard of cloud city for fly-by practice.  All of these ideas are great--and I would use whatever anyone would come up with, and host it for all to enjoy. 

But I would rather have something simple, than not have something complicated :)

Let me know if I can help!

Thanks

Led, what do you mean by fly-by practice? So far every thing else that you have described is enough information to go on I think. You would rather have the practice for dark troopers? The jets?

Fly by night

I will try working on this project when I get spare time for it. Will make droids and rebels spawn in courtyard and not move or shoot at the jets who fly by and shoot them in head.

Hi Mike,

Yes, I would like a target that can be used to practice shooting while flying using a dark trooper.  Head shot specific, stationary, or nearly stationary target, that I could place on a mod map or cloud city modification, the target being in the shape of say a rebel trooper unit, or empire trooper unit, etc.

ok i made a static clne trooper model in xsi(if you want something else i can do it but clone is easiest), do you want me to put a bullseye texture on the head?