Helicopter

Started by Phobos, August 15, 2011, 03:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Can someone release a helicopter mesh for swbf1? I have found an ODF and I know that snake and nikoli had a helicopter someone else made but refused to share it. Someone will eventually make or share a helicopter for swbf modders it cannot be, nor should it be, hoarded forever.

Someone made it and gave it but did they ever say it could be shared? That has to be the start.

I thought Nikolai and Snake were going to release all the assets at some point?
Ah whatever, I would suggest looking on Gametoast, but we all know what that place is like!

You won't find any model like this on gametoast. An helicopter was released at one point, but the GT admins deleted it because that was a stolen model.

Few nights ago on my bike after work I road to visit the back of the hotel I work at. Something have not done in years non the less in the grass was five dollars. Thought process destiny, chance or whataburger with cheese?

How were the helicopter assets got?

You want one that bad? Learn to model and make one yourself. Simple as that, well except for the modelling part.

yea. and for making fanblades spin, that could be an effect (fx file) used like an exhaust effect.  Why not start a helicopter project with your group?
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

I thought maybe I've seen spinning props before but I cant remember for certain.  I know SWBF2 has those things on Utapau near the sinkhole.  Maybe some insight can be gained from that.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Buckler on August 28, 2011, 01:19:01 AM
I thought maybe I've seen spinning props before but I cant remember for certain.  I know SWBF2 has those things on Utapau near the sinkhole.  Maybe some insight can be gained from that.

It's uta1_bldg_windmill_blades.msh

These are good ideas, spinning prop looks familiar to the helicopter beta video i saw (deleted now). A helicopter will be made one way or another. The swbf1 community is patient and will get a helicopter.

It's real nice of you to point fingers and send hate mail and all that. Perhaps you should take some time to consider that perhaps I'm not hoarding, and that perhaps I just haven't had any time to spend on a very old video game due to how busy I've been with my real life.  And then I'm not sure I even have it any more after updating my computer.

There is also the part where it's in general poor taste to demand someone give you something for free that they've spent a lot of time working on.   :td:
If perhaps you try asking nicely and trying to have a little bit of understanding when thinking these things over, I'm sure you'll get a much better response.

:ohmy: :o Phobos what posiesed you to go demanding assets? They are not your property and you have no right to demand them.

^agreed

but, nikoli, would you possibly mind releasing them on gametoast or something, even if we have to pm you for it. i know this could make a great asset should anyone try to make a real-life war mod (like a vietnam war mod for example)
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Nikoli, I would be happy to host any assets, maps, or mods you wish to share on SWBFgamers.com.

We have an ftp access enabled account for uploads larger than 64 MB. 

Just let me know--and I understand that somethings are not meant to be released, and some things are not available anymore.

Thanks
buckler
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I'd be more than happy to share them.. If I still have them  :confused: I'm pretty sure I've still got the ODFs

If you guys are talking about the Cobra, I'd perfer not to release it just cause I honestly think it looks like crap  :sick:  and I don't feel like finishing it.

I'll check for the little bird though.

When I get some time to look through my stuff I'll see if I have it and I'll see about getting it posted online. I know I've got my RPG-7 and a few other goodies.  8)