Omg.

Started by aeria., November 04, 2012, 11:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
What?!?

Every night there was a GR game. I always thought it was best on GR because there's a lot more communication (the player base was smaller). I miss playing cc no bots no CPs. That's one thing I didn't like about gamespy, they played with capturing command points and I didn't like that. Not to mention the amazing custom map rotations. We always played custom maps on Friday nights when there would be 10-14 people on at once.

I'll stick to GR if I ever reinstall because those are my roots. :)

And yes, VS reunion indeed!

#TYBG

And rex. long time no talk!!!!!!!!

#TYBG

Wow u just came back and 2 double posts lol I can tell ur here! :o
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

There was a mod during the macxgamers era where if you double post, it would just add whatever you typed to the post above it. That was a smart mod!

#TYBG

Quote from: {BHF} ag on November 05, 2012, 04:45:20 PM
There was a mod during the macxgamers era where if you double post, it would just add whatever you typed to the post above it. That was a smart mod!
I can see why it must've been a good mod xD
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: {BHF} ag on November 05, 2012, 04:36:03 PM
What?!?

Every night there was a GR game. I always thought it was best on GR because there's a lot more communication (the player base was smaller). I miss playing cc no bots no CPs. That's one thing I didn't like about gamespy, they played with capturing command points and I didn't like that. Not to mention the amazing custom map rotations. We always played custom maps on Friday nights when there would be 10-14 people on at once.

I'll stick to GR if I ever reinstall because those are my roots. :)

And yes, VS reunion indeed!

I strongly urge you not too. You will never have those types of games again. I wish I was part of that community. I don't know how else to put it too you. I've tried starting up the Mac community again, but I failed. Please AG listen to me, just use the port so that you can play online with a bunch of PC's. If you don't believe me install GR and see who is online and if any of your friends have been on lateley.  :'( I wish there was a bigger Mac community but it's all gone.
You will be lucky to have a game with more than 3 people...
ShTick? Can you help?

November 05, 2012, 05:20:33 PM #21 Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 05:22:45 PM by SchTicK
Quote from: Kit Fisto on November 05, 2012, 04:31:08 PM
I don't know if you want to put your SWBF Mac version on your computer because no one is ever on GR anymore.  :'(
I wouldn't say "no one" and "never" but a few and far between. ;)

Still, there's a much larger crowd in the PC servers, and the PLA cloud city server is generally a nice place to have some laid back fun with cool folks.  :cheers:
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

SWBF Mac REPRESENT!

#TYBG

November 05, 2012, 07:42:20 PM #24 Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 07:50:29 PM by Kit Fisto
Yes, from what you are telling me the PC community is alot like the Mac community was 2 yrs ago. So to re-live the glory days get a copy of SWBFI and play with me and other awesome people on the PC servers! It is really worth it.

EDIT: changed the horrid typo. :P

WOOPS!  :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:
Typo, probably the worse one in my life!
I meant SWBFI.  :happy:

Get your butt on xfire!

#TYBG