A few questions about Pilot AI

Started by wishihadaname, September 17, 2015, 08:28:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey all,

I'm currently working on my side overhaul and am trying to come up with a fun overhaul for the pilot classes. I figure their role should be Team Fortress 2 Engineer style with deploy-able turrets, shields, heal drones, ect depending on the faction. The problem is that the AI never use any of the new toys I give them which ends up making pilot types useless unless used by the player. Is there a way force the AI to use a certain weapon under certain conditions? If not does anyone know what the default behaviors for pilot class are so that I can try to implement my gadgets within those constrains?

Here is my current design and what the AI does with is:

Clone Pilot:
200 health,
7.5 speed
Primary:
1) Charge up heavy pistol, at full charge fires a shield breaking EMP round.
-AI will usually only charge the pistol half way so EMP's are rare
2) Fusion cuter
-Works fine

Secondary:
1) Drop shield from milehighguys released assets
-AI never uses it, its implemented as a dispenser class object with no TargetFiendly or TargetInfantry type lines since the powerup dispenser doesn't have those either.
2) Bacta Grenade
-AI never uses it even though its based on the haywire detonator which they will use just fine. I changed the target lines to target friendlies and am currently working on how to actually make it heal them, right now it does nothing.
-Bonus question if anyone knows: can explosions add health? I tried SoldierHealth and AddHealth as well as negative damage values, none of them did anything.

AI behavior is something that I don't think can be changed. The only way I've found around this issue is to "trick" the AI into using items by making them based on the thermal detonator odf. I'm not sure if it's possible to make a dispenser based on a grenade but it could be. Try taking a regular thermal detonator odf and making the ordinance reference the dispenser ord file. It might work.

As for the health thing, I highly doubt grenades can be used that way, especially by AI. Once again you'll have to trick the AI by basing it off of the stock health dispenser odf.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder