Two Questions

Started by Ultimo, May 30, 2014, 12:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Well, two questions, if I may...

• Is it possible to have objects go partially or completely transparent that have been placed in a map? Such as walls and etc...
  • Is it possible to increase the ability to see just characters from a far distance? Such as, I'm trying to snipe somebody without the scope. But I can't see them from really far, and I know they are there because my reticle is red. Is there a way to make them become almost as visible as if they were just beside you?
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

1. You can make transparent objects.  However, they will be transparent from the start.

2. You can try to adjust your LOD.  It is in the game options.

Others may have additional answers.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Yep, you can have transparent/partially transparent models ingame. You will have to do some editing though.. (Gives me an idea for a quick AutoIt tool that can make changes to all models in a given directory.. That would save loads of time).

You can hex edit any given MSH/model file to allow for transparency, then edit its texture files(s) and apply alpha to them as you see fit. Unfortunately you can't do any thing like that in Zero Editor, would be way quicker/more convenient..

I think you can adjust scene range in the world sky file too?.. Haven't touched that stuff in foreverz.

You can adjust the nearscene and farscene ranges in the sky file of a map but increasing it too much can make weird things happen. It usually causes a lot of lag.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder