Dayz

Started by Jamman, August 16, 2012, 11:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 16, 2012, 11:12:00 AM Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 11:47:57 AM by Jamman
Hey, I have recently started playing a game called Dayz. Dayz is a separate mod from the game called Arma2. Dayz is basically a zombie survival game. It takes place in Russia after an apocalypse. You start on the beach in one of about 15 locations with a small backpack, standard flashlight, a box of painkillers, and a bandage.

I have played many many zombie survival games and this has the highest intensity easily in my view. The map is very hard, you have to take many factors into consideration about your travels. The temperature, food, water, noise, sound, and blood levels. You need to know where to travel and the best/safest way to get there. The map itself is about 80 km. It will take me roughly 3-4 hours to run from east to west.

You need to watch out for of course, zombies which spawn constantly in towns, so there is no escaping in cities. You kill them they respawn. And then you have bandits, which are other players who kill you for your gear. Once you die, you restart somewhere near the shore, and restart everything.

The graphics are amazing as well. I'm playing on normal levels because my computer cant handle the higher intensity. I can see separate blades of grass in normal, it must be pretty sweet on high.

Here is the current map of the game. http://dayzdb.com/map#2.075.082  That is basically the cheat sheet. Maps are hard to come across in the actual game, and on them you don't have the symbols for different kinds of loot like this one has.

Currently, I am carrying. A Lee Enfield Rifle, with 3 magazines. A water bottle I just filled in the pond, 3 cans of coke, 4 cans of Pepsi, 2 cans of sardines, 2 cans of beans, and 2 cans of frank and beans. I have 5 blood bags, 3 morphine (used for broken bones), painkillers, a heat pack, hunting knife, matches, pile of wood, hatchet, and a camping tent that I have not a use for yet.

Right now, I just left the city and am in the country side going north east. I am mainly hitting barns and warehouses that are less likely to have players. This game is pretty cool about time too. its a full scale clock the game runs on. So 24 hours, you endure night and day.

Its a lot better if you know others who play it. A bunch of my friends mainly from Wusi play now, and we use skype. Its extremley hard to type because you really want to keep moving as much as possible. This game reminds me sort of the movie, The book of Eli.

Does anyone else play this game? I highly recommend it. It is on the expensive side for a game (to me at least), going for about 30$ depending where you buy it.

www.dayzmod.com Right now the average life expectancy is 49 minutes lol.

If I had more time I would give this a go. There was 2 good videos from it a few weeks ago from 2 perspectives. The first one started with a player getting on a bus and going to someones camp then the other version tells how this group of players go around with a bus picking up new players and pretending they're rescuing them then forcing them to fight to the death in an arena. :D
It was funny and a little bit worrying about how serious they were but I can't find the links now.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)