Generic Radar Dicussions 2.0

Started by SleepKiller, July 29, 2013, 05:31:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Phobos on August 01, 2013, 03:47:49 PM
Well if radar is available to all players and the tourney admins allow it (for certain matches at least), it couldn't be considered wrong, since the other team has the choice to use it. But if you were to use it without the tourney admin permission or other players knowing you use radar or not having access to it, it would be wrong.
Sorry, I forgot to mention that.  :slap:

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: SirPimped on August 01, 2013, 04:57:10 PM
I'll give my thoughts on this topic.

This post is the reason I use radar. For me, the fun in this game is the action and the fighting. If I'm not fighting and shooting I don't want to play. Radar makes it so that there are always fights happening. This is obviously just my opinion.

Other people find it more fun to capture CP's, "flank", or play hide and go seek. That's fine. I encourage you to play the way that gives you the most enjoyment. But I would ask that you don't attack the way I play, just because you don't think my way is fun. Why is your fun more important than my fun? I don't attack players for not using radar, so why would you attack me for using it?

I would attack you for using it because it's not the way the game is meant to be played, because it's not implemented in the original game. Ask any cheater of any other game, they will tell you that they have more fun playing with cheats. That doesn't mean it's more fun for people who play the original game.

August 09, 2013, 08:37:09 AM #63 Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 08:47:15 AM by SirPimped
Quote from: DEAGLE on August 09, 2013, 03:57:31 AM
I would attack you for using it because it's not the way the game is meant to be played, because it's not implemented in the original game. Ask any cheater of any other game, they will tell you that they have more fun playing with cheats. That doesn't mean it's more fun for people who play the original game.

That's what I always find interesting. The people who don't use radar are always the aggressors. They are the ones who are constantly attacking people who use radar. We don't bother you about it, but you always bring it up.

Just because playing the way the game was when it first came out is fun for you, doesn't mean it's fun for me. Are saying that you are more important than I am? Is your fun more important than mine?

EDIT: By this logic, Buckler, Sleepkiller, and the majority of people on this website are cheaters.

Quote from: SirPimped on August 09, 2013, 08:37:09 AM
That's what I always find interesting. The people who don't use radar are always the aggressors. They are the ones who are constantly attacking people who use radar. We don't bother you about it, but you always bring it up.

Just because playing the way the game was when it first came out is fun for you, doesn't mean it's fun for me. Are saying that you are more important than I am? Is your fun more important than mine?

EDIT: By this logic, Buckler, Sleepkiller, and the majority of people on this website are cheaters.

It seems a bit unfair to say it's only people who don't use radar who are aggressive, you must realise some nasty things are said by both sides.
I have nothing against people using radar in modded servers/radar allowed ones but it doesn't seem fair to choose for other people by bringing radar into a server where people don't want to play with it. They choose to play battlefront as they have always played not in way that someone else has decided is better.
Luckily we now have a choice of servers.

I know it can be argued that skin changers etc are just as bad as radar but they don't affect the game as much and there has to be a limit somewhere otherwise people would just play with radar, autoaim and autofire on and there would be very little left of the game.

[spoiler]I'm not trying to start an argument I just think it's interesting to see different points of view, when discussed maturely. :)[/spoiler]
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

August 09, 2013, 09:01:04 AM #65 Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 09:29:29 AM by Phobos
Quote from: DEAGLE on August 09, 2013, 03:57:31 AM
False premise #1 assuming the game isn't meant to be played with radar - Fred says it is meant to be played with or without radar depending on player's preference
False premise #2 assuming it's not implemented into the original game - It is just check the recon and AT-AT ODFs
False premise #3 assuming that something not implemented into the original game is automatically a cheat - Mod maps would therefore be a cheat and 'not meant to be played' too under this assumption.
Attacking other players for using mods is irrational, especially when the mods are available to all players.

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on August 09, 2013, 08:56:36 AM
It seems a bit unfair to say it's only people who don't use radar who are aggressive, you must realise some nasty things are said by both sides.
I have nothing against people using radar in modded servers/radar allowed ones but it doesn't seem fair to choose for other people by bringing radar into a server where people don't want to play with it. They choose to play battlefront as they have always played not in way that someone else has decided is better.
It is more aggressive to tell people they can't use radar, and call it a cheat, than it is to say you can use radar if you so choose. It is also ironic that there is more complaining about radar since it has been released publicly than before. It doesn't seem fair to force other players not to use mods they want just because some players prefer stock. The way they choose to play SWBF should not extend to the way other people choose to play the game.

I know it can be argued that skin changers etc are just as bad as radar but they don't affect the game as much and there has to be a limit somewhere otherwise people would just play with radar, autoaim and autofire on and there would be very little left of the game.
I feel sorry for anyone who believes that rubbish. Maybe one day you will understand this kind of hostility is why I never released skin changers for other maps after CC.
- Not specifically in reference to you, but I noticed that several players seem to get the most "offended" by when other players use online compatible mods. The irony is that it's not using the mods that gets them the most upset, it's sharing these mods for others to use.

Quote from: SirPimped on August 09, 2013, 08:37:09 AM

Exactly, this is the most logical view IMO. Radar is an individual choice, like other mods. That is how Fred sees it and that is how I see it. Other players do not have the right to tell me what mods I can and can't use. Only the server host does. I also would not have the right to tell players which mods they can and can't use unless it was in my server.

GDH92, I don't want an argument either, I want an intelligent conversation. So as long as others keep it civil, so will I.

You are right, both sides have said very terrible things to each other and both sides are at fault for this, because they let it get personal. This is a topic that needs to be TALKED about not ARGUED about.

I agree and your point is fair. That's why it is good to have servers known to be radar or no radar servers.

Just remember that even in the PLA servers, you are playing on modded servers.

I know it can be argued that skin changers etc are just as bad as radar but they don't affect the game as much

From my point of view skins,skins for maps and reticules can and affect the game.I can make the rebel head brighter or with another color so its easy to me snipe long range and get more headshots.I can make my mines with a color where i can see it from long range and never die for it.Same thing with maps skins.Many mods affect the game,your choice to use or not.I just dont like when pleople forget those things and attack radar users.

DEAGLE surely you understand that you are an admin for a tournament which permits radar on half the maps?

Quote from: SirPimped on August 09, 2013, 09:06:43 AM
Just remember that even in the PLA servers, you are playing on modded servers.

Just to clarify, we use FastSpawn and DeathRegions in the common wallhack areas in our main servers. Both of these I think are well liked by players.  These mods are available to all players on the server without any downloads. 

(A server like AprilFools is modded drastically, but it's not a serious server.)

If I could find a way to make server side radar available to all (or none) I would do it.  I still think there must be a way if it turns on at a specific reinforcement count--although maybe the client keeps track of the reinforcement count.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Bring this psycho fred guy in this thread. I want to hear what he has to say.