Fails on your part

Started by Roxas, May 19, 2013, 03:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Do you have any funny fails that were your fault?

Last night after the mod night (I missed it o(╥﹏╥)o) I was playing on Miranda Facility. I'm the last man standing and there is one AI left. The only problem is that he is on the other side of the map. So me, being lazy, decided to shoot at my feet and launch myself across the map. I went flying through the map, literally (I went through walls), landed on top of the building that was from Platforms, and then slid off and died.

Well, bots kill me more than humans do.

I remember the one time me and Shazam were goofing off on Cloud City, just practicing nade jumps. I think we were both snipers as well. Anyways, I was out of grenades, and the ammo bot was dead (we were at the rear flank CP), so being the lazy guy I am, I decided to recon myself and die rather than walk to the rear entrance and get ammo. So, I set the recon down, and as that happened, Shazam threw a grenade next to me (I was in control of the recon), and he failed his jump while I flew off and hit the ground still alive. Next thing I know, I'm saying in my mind "Oh no...", and the recon hits Shazam and kills him! It was flipping hilarious!

It was a fail on my part in that I was trying to suicide and be lazy while Shazam knocked me off the bridge and got killed instead, but it was so hilarious to see him fly from that! :rofl:

I dunno, I thought it was a fail on my part, might not make enough sense to be one though. :P

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on May 19, 2013, 05:11:00 PM
I remember the one time me and Shazam were goofing off on Cloud City, just practicing nade jumps. I think we were both snipers as well. Anyways, I was out of grenades, and the ammo bot was dead (we were at the rear flank CP), so being the lazy guy I am, I decided to recon myself and die rather than walk to the rear entrance and get ammo. So, I set the recon down, and as that happened, Shazam threw a grenade next to me (I was in control of the recon), and he failed his jump while I flew off and hit the ground still alive. Next thing I know, I'm saying in my mind "Oh no...", and the recon hits Shazam and kills him! It was flipping hilarious!

It was a fail on my part in that I was trying to suicide and be lazy while Shazam knocked me off the bridge and got killed instead, but it was so hilarious to see him fly from that! :rofl:

I dunno, I thought it was a fail on my part, might not make enough sense to be one though. :P

That's more of a fail on my part.

I'd just like to put on the record that I meant to do that. :panic:

I was standing on the Cloud City walkway and saw someone on the other side of the map running down the ramp to the Carbon freezing chamber. I fired a rocket out of instinct and watched him fly right over the CFC and land somewhere near the rear entrance. I didn't kill him but it did say he died.
Then one of my team put a message on screen just saying 'how in the world?' and I realised what I had done. :)
[spoiler]I'm still pleased with my shot though  ;)[/spoiler]
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Heh, hovering a Gunship in-front of Scorpion to block his amazing sniper skills
And then getting blasted out of the sky by somebody.

This isn't anything specific but this sometimes happens to me and I feel kinda dumb.

I play mostly singleplayer so you know how that is with lots of bots and big battles. I always do really good and kill a bunch of AI, coming out of the map with great stats and then out of no where a Hero comes up behind me and kills me. (on Jabba's Palace it's Jabba's guards) Then I'm just like  :ohmy: ............. :slap:

Quote from: Kit Fisto on May 20, 2013, 07:45:28 AM
This isn't anything specific but this sometimes happens to me and I feel kinda dumb.

I play mostly singleplayer so you know how that is with lots of bots and big battles. I always do really good and kill a bunch of AI, coming out of the map with great stats and then out of no where a Hero comes up behind me and kills me. (on Jabba's Palace it's Jabba's guards) Then I'm just like  :ohmy: ............. :slap:
I knew u were gonna make a post here kit!
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: Roxas on May 19, 2013, 03:09:22 PM
Do you have any funny fails that were your fault?
no, i dont fail...

that being said i do have a problem of jumping when i mean to roll, or getting stuck on a wall somewhere. Then i am just bantha fodder for the nearest sniper.
this is my facial expression during the whole thing.... :slap::o:bye:,
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

One time while running from vader I backed off bespin platforms

Some of you may not know how to do this, but I remember back in my AaTc days during a clan night we were "sledding" (proning and sliding down) down the mountain during a clan night. Well, I could not get up there no matter what I did. Everyone else was sledding and I was like "I KEEP FALLING!" so after nearly 45 minutes of frustration I finally got up there. Well I was celebrating with my clanmates that were already up there and I jumped for joy.. Well, if you've been up there, you know that if you jump on that mountain you are shot off the mountain to your instantaneous death. (Because the top of the mountain is past the height limit) So as soon as I jumped for joy after conquering this cruddy mountain, I instantly died. My clanmates laughed for atleast 10 minutes. So, out of pure defeat, I changed to CIS side and got in a tank and started blasting all of them. That is the story of my awesome failure. :P
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

May 20, 2013, 04:44:58 PM #11 Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 05:41:14 PM by -RepublicCommando-
Quote from: Snake on May 20, 2013, 03:37:30 PM
Some of you may not know how to do this, but I remember back in my AaTc days during a clan night we were "sledding" (proning and sliding down) down the mountain during a clan night. Well, I could not get up there no matter what I did. Everyone else was sledding and I was like "I KEEP FALLING!" so after nearly 45 minutes of frustration I finally got up there. Well I was celebrating with my clanmates that were already up there and I jumped for joy.. Well, if you've been up there, you know that if you jump on that mountain you are shot off the mountain to your instantaneous death. (Because the top of the mountain is past the height limit) So as soon as I jumped for joy after conquering this cruddy mountain, I instantly died. My clanmates laughed for atleast 10 minutes. So, out of pure defeat, I changed to CIS side and got in a tank and started blasting all of them. That is the story of my awesome failure. :P
Lol, TcF did that on clan night to. Of course, we used tanks to get up there to the BIG 'mountain?' way off the boundaries of RhenVar: Harbor, You had to get in a tank and fall for 10 seconds before hitting the curved bottom and flying forward VERY quickly, the problem with this, is that I was in the turret of the tank, and the other person driving, gets out.. 2 seconds later, the tank blows up with me in the turret.

Quote from: Snake on May 20, 2013, 03:37:30 PM

Haha I remember that.

oh yeah, that mountain...phil showed us that before he..