moving the community to 1.3 beta

Started by Led, October 27, 2011, 05:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 27, 2011, 05:16:27 PM Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 09:48:27 AM by Dark_Phantom
Having some discussions with bamdur, I think it would be possible to update the game engine to 1.3 beta as part of our new mod package.

There should be a way to run 1.2 and 1.3 beta concurrently, as described on GT
http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1485&sid=a410c7dbdc30546c4065c36c0fad40b6

This would allow us to release a new mission.lvl with all the standard maps *and* all of our mod ideas.

eh, i forgot about the need for the program to check the disk.  this may not work :

####################################################

Star Wars Battlefront(TM) Update ReadMe
Version BETA 1.3
April 15, 2005

Reminder this is a BETA version for Battlefront and may not
work on all systems and is for the U.S. version of the game
only.  Version 1.2 must be installed first in order for this
version to be properly installed

Build Notes

Changes from 1.2

Multiplayer

Unlocked frame rate
Better tolerance of latency spikes and frame rate spikes
Fixed an end of game hang
Better smoothing of predicted positions and orientations
Allow more maps specified from dedicated server command line
Better Droideka prediction
Added remote admin support for those hosting dedicated servers
Tighter clock synchronization under normal conditions
Fixed joining servers behind most firewalls
Allow more mod maps (was 50, now 512)

Global

Fixed CIS Pilot shooting backwards

© 2004-2005 LucasArts, a division of
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd.
P.O. Box 10307
San Rafael, CA 94912

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

October 27, 2011, 06:22:38 PM #1 Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 09:47:17 AM by Dark_Phantom
http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21626

OK, so that link shows you how I was able to make the 1.3 beta version look at 1.2 gamespy server listings.

The real issue is that the 1.3 beta will fail when it checks for a CD and finds a DVD instead, during the CD check procedure.

During my poking around, I have noticed that 1.2 has three executable versions--CD, DVD, and BoPC.  1.2 was writting in Borland C++ 3.0, and uses securom 5.xx protection.  The exe versions are all different sizes.

1.3 Beta was written in Microsoft Visual C++ 2003, and a scanning programs says is uses securom 7.02 protection (but I don't think that is accurate, since I think 1.3 beta was released before 7.02).
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

A very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very long shot. But you could always try e-mailing LucasArts about if the 1.3 patch was ever finsihed. Who knows? Maybe it was but it just never got realeased.