Four Locals on cloud city

Started by Led, October 26, 2011, 04:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 26, 2011, 04:40:19 PM Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 04:46:24 PM by Buckler
I put geonosians, jawa, naboo gaurds, and tuskens along with rebs and emps on cloud city.

The CP lights are interesting, green, red for rebs and emps,

yellow, white, green, red
for
teams 3,4,5,6

I used a hex edited server side CC map, and server and player custom mission files to load the sides.

Video http://www.xfire.com/video/4f6b2b/
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

So SWBF1 has more than 4 teams, I wonder what the limit is.

I think it was meant for just one local, but it seems its kind of unlimited--must just be a memory issue.

Even though there are two green CPs and you can select the other green one (naboo gaurds in this video), you will only spawn at your own CP.  So things are a bit messed up--but fun none the less.

Yeah it would be. If it is unlimited SWBF1 just gained an advantage over SWBFII. Ah I just realised why it will be like that. By default in SP you go to team 1 so team one is programed by default to be green and team 2 red and team 3 yellow. And team 0 is white, just as team 4 is white notice a patern devolping here. W,G,R,Y,W,G,R,Y,W,G,R,Y,W,G,R,Y.

October 26, 2011, 05:04:09 PM #4 Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 05:06:46 PM by Buckler
It would be nice to change CP colors, but even Battlebelk mentioned that he was never able to determine what memory location that lived in.

Here is the code (after loading the sides)

-- ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

--  Local Stats
    SetTeamName(3, "locals")
    AddUnitClass(3, "tat_inf_tuskenraider", 5);
    AddUnitClass(3, "tat_inf_tuskenhunter", 2);
    SetUnitCount(3, 14)

--  Local Stats
    SetTeamName(4, "locals")
    AddUnitClass(4, "geo_inf_geonosian", 7)
    SetUnitCount(4, 7)

--  Local Stats
    SetTeamName(5, "locals")
    AddUnitClass(5, "gar_inf_vanguard",5)
    SetUnitCount(5, 7)

--  Local Stats
    SetTeamName(6, "locals")
    AddUnitClass(6, "tat_inf_jawa", 14)
    SetUnitCount(6, 7)

Quote from: Buckler on October 26, 2011, 05:04:09 PM
It would be nice to change CP colors, but even Battlebelk mentioned that he was never able to determine what memory location that lived in.

Here is the code (after loading the sides)

-- ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

--  Local Stats
    SetTeamName(3, "locals")
    AddUnitClass(3, "tat_inf_tuskenraider", 5);
    AddUnitClass(3, "tat_inf_tuskenhunter", 2);
    SetUnitCount(3, 14)

--  Local Stats
    SetTeamName(4, "locals")
    AddUnitClass(4, "geo_inf_geonosian", 7)
    SetUnitCount(4, 7)

--  Local Stats
    SetTeamName(5, "locals")
    AddUnitClass(5, "gar_inf_vanguard",5)
    SetUnitCount(5, 7)

--  Local Stats
    SetTeamName(6, "locals")
    AddUnitClass(6, "tat_inf_jawa", 14)
    SetUnitCount(6, 7)

Well if we colorized the CP icon for the minimap made it a Team Deathmatch mode rather than a capture CP mode, made a diferrant CP odf for each team with a differant holo ODF we can change the sides color for each to have a differant one, of course you would want to colorrize the crossair to. So it did not show green for one that was really red.

October 26, 2011, 06:04:41 PM #6 Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 06:08:01 PM by jdee-barc
You could actually use this to extend the number of units for each side, have a bunch of NPC's of your faction on a local team

So it could be like

Clones
Regular units

NPC Clones
5 npc units on team 3
5 jedi heroes on team 4

CIS
regular droids

NPC CIS
5 Hero/Special Units on team 5: Dooku, Magnaguards, whatever
5 NPC units on team 6.

Would that work too?

EDIT

omigod omigod, another idea. this is a bit stupid and a total waste of teamspace, but flingable objects, like an a metal bar or a time bomb that can be moved , pushed, hurled at things, maybe even destroyed after a bit, but it can't move (its an inanimate object). They spawn at every team's command post. You can have a hell of a good time playing as a jedi unit in any mod.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Yeah TheWulfMan fooled around with that for his moda it would work I think.

EDIT: Not sure how I've done this in my short time here but this is my 300th post on this forum.

hi J-dee,

I think all of those things are possible.  And you can make each team allies or foes of all the others.  Total chaos  :)

Quote from: Buckler on October 26, 2011, 07:11:52 PM
hi J-dee,

I think all of those things are possible.  And you can make each team allies or foes of all the others.  Total chaos  :)
I love chaos :) I'm cruious as to if SWBF has a limit on teams. :/

Quote from: SleepKiller on October 26, 2011, 07:42:19 PM
I love chaos :) I'm cruious as to if SWBF has a limit on teams. :/

Well, Im out of CPs for cloud city, but if you have a map with a lot of cps, go for it.  It's easy enough to assign the
CPs to teams in zero edit, and the mission mod is trivial.

Please note, that sounds are still and issue.  Maybe we can figure out a way to get all of the sounds we want.

Quote from: Buckler on October 26, 2011, 07:51:12 PM
Well, Im out of CPs for cloud city, but if you have a map with a lot of cps, go for it.  It's easy enough to assign the
CPs to teams in zero edit, and the mission mod is trivial.

Please note, that sounds are still and issue.  Maybe we can figure out a way to get all of the sounds we want.
Mm, annoying SWBF sound system. Off-Topic Just letting you know don't expect to hear from me over the next few days btw.

instead of adding extra cps in other places, why not add what i would call "symbolic links" objects that function as command posts, placed near each real CP.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)