R.I.P Xfire

Started by [FC]BoMbeR, June 09, 2015, 10:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I managed to get mine. 

If there are some shots you really need, you can right click and "save as".
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Does not work (for me), because the sources that the xFire gallery needs (javascripts etc) are gone. It does not load the images, only in a very low resolution.
Anyway, I have now all files of BattleBelk.
:cheers:

Yeah I can see the thumbnails for mine but not the full sized picture when I click on it.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

The chat client stopped yesterday but it seems ok again today, I wonder how long for...

Off topic: Why is it whichever site I go to these days seems to have a post by Unit33. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: XfireWe announced the closure date to be June 12th, but that was for the webservers. The Xfire client services will be terminated at any day or time in the very near future.

Lol...
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Very sad about this. I've used Xfire for a long time and was just updating mine before all this happened.

I'm gonna try and salvage what I can from my profile, but I'm going to be migrating to Overwolf & Teamspeak. They seem to be filling that kinda roll Xfire was doing (and better at this point I might add). Once all my machines are back in working order I'll likely be hanging out in the SWBFGamers sever that Led has been so kind to host. If Overwolf is as robust as I'm assuming, it should work very well as a replacement.

PS: Not to take us off topic, but if a lot of us do go to Overwolf we should petition that SWBF1 be added to the overlay support. Cause if you scroll down to the Battlefront games only BF2 is supported. http://www.overwolf.com/supported-games/

Just to note for the future, if we do end up going that route.  :tu:
photobucket limit image removed

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on June 14, 2015, 08:26:09 AM
Off topic: Why is it whichever site I go to these days seems to have a post by Unit33. :)
Quit following me around you cow in a green field.

I thought you were following me. ;)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

xfire is down? because mines still working lol

I read the start of the thread, and just a fraction of the replies, but ya'll know Steam does all the same stuff that XFire did plus more... If you're looking for an alternative.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: Ultimo on June 18, 2015, 07:45:17 PM
I read the start of the thread, and just a fraction of the replies, but ya'll know Steam does all the same stuff that XFire did plus more... If you're looking for an alternative.

Actually, Steam does less and is not completely free.  But yes, we have discussed alternatives  ;)

I'm confused now, but if you say so, then... :shrug:
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: Ultimo on June 18, 2015, 07:56:40 PM

If you need details, here are a few:
-no chat logging
-no video and screen shots that auto upload (that I am aware of)
-you have to spend $5 to be able to friend and chat with people

Don't get me wrong--I like Steam, but it is not a direct replacement.

Quote from: Ultimo on June 18, 2015, 07:56:40 PM

Well the difference is there's a bit more options with Xfire since you were able to take screenshots, videos and even manage live streaming through it if you wanted to. I mean most people use Twitch now, but some of the stuff all ready to use in Xfire was nice. My combo was Steam and Xfire up till this point. For whatever games Steam didn't support, Xfire could usually track and provide an overlay (with screenshot support). Also for those of us who liked the tracker it was handy to have an application that would log your hours.

Just hoping Overwolf might have some of these features to compensate for the loss.  :bye:
photobucket limit image removed

Quote from: Led on June 18, 2015, 08:07:42 PM
If you need details, here are a few:
-no chat logging
-no video and screen shots that auto upload (that I am aware of)
-you have to spend $5 to be able to friend and chat with people

Don't get me wrong--I like Steam, but it is not a direct replacement.

What do you mean by chat logging? As far as I am aware steam shows previous conversations while x-fire doesn't. It is true that videos and screenshots don't auto upload though, and you do have to buy a game to access some functions (granted this could be unappealing for some people)

Steam also has additional functions like viewing game info and automatically joining friends games, watching friends games etc.

Granted I know little about the other options so perhaps they have these functions as well.