IDEA: Star Wars Battlefront: Squadron map ports

Started by Giftheck, October 12, 2015, 02:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Gistech on October 17, 2015, 12:11:16 PM
Yes, the heads and parts for both come from the title screen: I've sat those atop modified stock clone bodies.

That'd be awesome! Looking through that, it becomes quite clear that the 'deeper customization' we were promised for Elite Squadron fell through - the 'deepest' it got was forcing you to unlock what came in Renegade Squadron. I knew the Phase I heads were in there though: they (errenously) used them for the Clones in a Cato Nemoidia cutscene. It's interesting that Phase II Dark Trooper was an option at one point it seems. God, I'd kill for the source from these games.

I have actually grabbed most of the ingame hero models from Elite Squadron thanks to a CWCheat code that changes the default position of all units to their 'T-Pose'. It's interesting they use a completely different map for X1 and X2, and it's also interesting that the T-poses are all set up as though the models were to be used in earlier SWBF games (rather than a standard t-Pose these models all have the 'legs slightly angled, arms bent' T-pose that SWBF uses for its models). I'd love to be able to rip the Imperial/Rebel and Sith/Jedi variants of X1 and X2 from the title screen but unfortunately I can't get save games to load on jpcsp so I can't force the title to show the correct models. Textures are a shambolic 128x128, though (I have however had some success reconstructing General Kota's texture using parts from his TFU model)

I just ripped those models from my Tumblr blog but unfortunately there's no "Jesus Christ" T-Pose code for RS. I asked my friend who used to make these codes and he told me he no longer has that code. It'll probably work if you just plan to use the heads and nothing else though.

You can actually extract all of the .PSP files located within the ISO using an Asura Engine extractor. That's probably the closest we'd get to the source. :\ I know I'd love to have the source to these games.

I can play through the game's campaign to get those other menu models if you'd like. Actually, it appears I already ripped the Jedi/Sith models from the menu. I'll upload those in a moment.

I wish there were a simple converter for any other levels in another game and convert it for BF2.
If you are good at something, never do it for attention.

Quote from: Isaac1138 on October 17, 2015, 08:28:37 PM
I wish there were a simple converter for any other levels in another game and convert it for BF2.

That'd be nice but with all the unique file formats and different game engines, it's impossible. :\

Quote from: Isaac1138 on October 17, 2015, 08:28:37 PM

No way it's that straighforward. Each method has its problems: the ppsspp>Ninja Ripper>Noesis method has the map broken into at least 100 different parts. The jpcsp object ripper method isn't perfect because it only captures what meshes are visible. In Elite Squadron you can't cheat this by flying at height and capturing a screenshot.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Any way to do LEGO Star Wars to Battlefront?
If you are good at something, never do it for attention.

Quote from: Isaac1138 on October 18, 2015, 07:24:11 AM
Any way to do LEGO Star Wars to Battlefront?

No, they both use separate game engines.

Quote from: DylanRocket on October 18, 2015, 08:30:11 AM
No, they both use separate game engines.

Well, the models are doable, of course: you'd have to map them to the Ewok or Jawa, which I think is the closest model type. As for the maps, there's really no point trying to port them wholesale though you could extract them, cut them down and use parts.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

October 19, 2015, 12:00:27 AM #22 Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 12:50:52 AM by Gistech
Just discovered that, yes, Ninja Ripper and Noesis DO save the positions of the environment in their rips. This will make reassembly so, so much easier.

It's not 100% easy though: it seems the game loads certain portions first: if you cross a 'sector' it loads the next bit.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Could you show us some pictures already from some ready models if you have?i can't wait to see something similar to Free Radical Battlefront 3. :P

October 19, 2015, 02:15:41 PM #24 Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 02:20:20 PM by Gistech
Quote from: Ginev on October 19, 2015, 02:11:16 PM
Could you show us some pictures already from some ready models if you have?i can't wait to see something similar to Free Radical Battlefront 3. :P

None of the models are ready as I still have a ton of stuff to go through as I reassemble Coruscant. I need to do more captures as well, I think.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I'd say I've reconstructed about 50% of Coruscant's ground map so far.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Lol Coruscant?If you can release the models or you will make the map on your own?I have plans of recreating the Battlefront 3 Coruscant map.if you have something ready please show us pictures :P Cant wait ! :D

Before 2 days one guy released a final build video of Battlefront 3 Coruscant map.Check it and tell me what you think.I made here a topic about that :p

Listen to what he saying.

I'll release the finished world models for somebody to tinker with. They are massive though. I have plans of my own for them as well.

Yeah, I saw that video. WTF were LucasArts thinking, cancelling that game? I'm excited for DICE's Battlefront, yes, but this game should have been released properly.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: Gistech on October 24, 2015, 11:38:44 AM
I'd say I've reconstructed about 50% of Coruscant's ground map so far.

Sweet!

Are you currently porting these maps to SWBF1 or SWBF2? If you're not planning to port them to SWBF2, I'd gladly attempt to convert them.

ATM, Star Wars: Battlefront. Coruscant will prove to be my first non-SWBFII port, indeed my first actual map. There are some issues to try to dance around regarding AI path placement when you consider that in Elite Squadron they placed two command posts above certain locations that are trickier to do in the original games because AI paths are not allowed to overlap. Cato Neimoidia has one like that too.
In Progress:

On Hold: