Help - Hollow objects / no collision

Started by AnthonyBF2, May 01, 2014, 04:34:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 01, 2014, 04:34:36 AM Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 04:38:05 AM by Anthony_b
I am trying to make a swbf1 map. It's simple to explain the problem: some objects don't have collision.
I placed the models, odfs and images all where they need to go, when playing the map I just fall out and hit the
stock terrain.

Fix? :D

Edit: Some objects are from the assets from the Swbf2 mod tools.
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

SWBF2 models, have very complicated collision, and SWBF1 memory, can't handle with it. There is many ways to fix this. Most usual - just find in SWBF1 assets, some model, with most suitable shape, and try to place it with ZE, where the collisuion holes are exists. Also, you may try to make those fake collision invisible.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

To be specific, the objects are a majority of Tantive items. Finding existing shaped models would be impossible for these objects. Also if you were referring to invisible collision blocks, it would take a century to place enough to match the contours of each object.

I'm hoping there is some sort of tool that can do something? to convert these items into supported models for
Swbf1.

I am willing to dedicate myself to any harder methods, this map I want to finish for real unlike the dozens of half made maps and data folders I have laying around.

May 01, 2014, 01:35:47 PM #5 Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 02:01:51 PM by Snake
Sleepkiller used invisible collision cubes called "col's". They are found here in different sizes. You will have to plug each collision hole by lining the model with these cubes.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I will also pitch in and offer my service in rebuilding them with working collision. It's a quick job, really.

Again, it takes a while to put enough col blocks to match the outlines of objects. My over all goal was to cram Tantive into swbf1, but it was mentioned someone already done it :/

I can still try other maps. I searched GT, and this site and never saw much about if people made bf2 maps into swbf1.

I am dull of bf2 and looked at BFbuilder for something new. I also want to give something back after all the posts and annoying questions I leave around.

Make a custom map! I think all or most of the SWBF2 maps have already been ported.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I agree with snake. Plus Its not too hard to create your own geometry if you need to.

Plus theirs tons of info on custom map creation (little things that make it a hit), and we've got loads of custom buildings and the like laying around in the assets sections. Creating your own custom map is far more fun than just porting something over, and it really isn't that different except for that you get to be your own boss.