New Command Post for Jabbas Palce(Tat3) in SWBF1

Started by AnthonyBF2, September 07, 2013, 12:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
This is an easy mod to assemble. All you need is a Hex Editor.

Open the tat3.lvl inside the Addon folder, etc..

In the hex editor, search for com_bldg_invisible_controlzone

shortly below in code stuff, you will see L0.0, this is a capture radius(0 locks a base)

Giving the base 1.0 range or more activates it, thing is there is no actual command post object in the map, so who's got time to walk around a map looking for a capture region? Easy, I just  gave the CP a whopping 50.0 radius  :P

Then finding a base with 50.0 becomes simple in a tiny map.

The command post them becomes usable for either team.

Also, when you have found com_bldg_invisible_controlzone, notice a little bit of data that looks like "ý¢3"

this determines by default who controls the base even if it has 0 radius.
0 is neutral, 1 and 2 are teams, and 3 is for native factions, in this map the cp belonged to Gamorreans.

I made a video showing how a team with no default cp's left can still spawn if they have hijacked the Gam's spawn point. The new cannot be selected in the menu, it can be used if you have no other bases.

Yes, the mod IS possible on a server manager.

I got this idea when I .. stole? the Gamorreans spawn on SWBF2.
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

Haha! That's pretty cool!

I'm assuming this is the case for all maps with locals (except Tatooine: Dune Sea)?

I searched every map file for hidden command posts, I only got 1 more instance on Hoth, but I'm not gonna waste hours walking in the snow for a cp :p
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

Quote from: Anthony_b on September 07, 2013, 01:17:17 PM
I searched every map file for hidden command posts, I only got 1 more instance on Hoth, but I'm not gonna waste hours walking in the snow for a cp :p

That was most likely meant for the Probe Droids side.

I'm surprised there's not one in Mos Espa for the Jawas.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Yes, you can see that CP in freecamera.
Its in the DataTat3 assets folder pandemic gave us with BFBuilder as well.

this should work on any maps with local spawn nodes not tied to cps. such as mos, endor, kashyyyk, etc.