Can't join N/A servers

Started by Dbiz, October 07, 2013, 02:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
it is indeed bf2. I'm using 1.3 and am wanting to play on pyrojocky's marvel server. The correct mods are installed and the maps always appear gray as normal not yellow.   This, however, is irrelevant because no server with a "NA" ping will connect with me. 

This problem is specific to the servers with a NA ping(whatever that means). 

whenever i get on a NA server it works, by NA it means "Not Available" its just your computer can't find the ping that doesn't mean that your not able to get on the server. it may be your network that you may not be able to connect for some networking reason but i don't think that having the NA in the ping slot
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

I thought NA stood for North America, but  I guess for me it means not available  ;) 

I can't seem to join the servers Pyro-Jockey put up either

October 10, 2013, 12:58:34 PM #19 Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 01:01:56 PM by PyroJockey
The NA ping is because the server is behind a firewall that does not allow it to be pinged on the internet. This is a security precaution. I will evaluate the risks and see if it's worth exposing the server.

On a side note Dbiz didn't seem to have this problem connecting to my SWBFII PS2 servers running on the same machine. The PC version may be more finicky. That would not explain however why others can join. My servers are on the East coast. I've had players join the PC server from California and join the PS2 servers from Europe, the Middle East, Japan, Australia and New Zealand.
There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish
noble deeds. Then there's the rest of the times you just want to blow s--- up.

Blowing s--- up since 1978

its not cause of that
All roots AKA Dedicated (paid) servers have a firewall also. Operating system matters.
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: PyroJockey on October 10, 2013, 12:58:34 PM

On a side note Dbiz didn't seem to have this problem connecting to my SWBFII PS2 servers running on the same machine. The PC version may be more finicky. That would not explain however why others can join. My servers are on the East coast. I've had players join the PC server from California and join the PS2 servers from Europe, the Middle East, Japan, Australia and New Zealand.

This is true. Plug the PS2 in the same box. 

I can remember at one point being able to join NA servers.  I'm thinking some changes iv done is preventing me for doing so now.