The Addon Map Limit Explained

Started by SleepKiller, August 02, 2012, 09:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So now I'm sure we are all acquainted with the addon map limit? Now I will explain the limit to you. The game's limit is not to the number of maps you have installed but rather to the number of mission scripts those maps have. The limit itself is 50, and since most single era maps don't bother to disable the section of code that would have there map counting for 1 script like it should. Each map takes up to mission script slots. So the limit really is 25. I hope this topic has left you with a better understanding of the limit.

August 02, 2012, 09:19:54 PM #1 Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 09:23:30 PM by jdee-barc
So, for mod, I deleted everything in the addme script and filled it in with an edited missionlist. will that mess things up? Ie. will everything in that addme missionlist be counted as an addon mission or will the game simply overlook the missionlist in shell.lvl and use this script as the missionlist?
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

August 02, 2012, 09:32:15 PM #2 Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 09:41:00 PM by Phobos
nevermind

Quote from: jdee-barc on August 02, 2012, 09:19:54 PM
So, for mod, I deleted everything in the addme script and filled it in with an edited missionlist. will that mess things up? Ie. will everything in that addme missionlist be counted as an addon mission or will the game simply overlook the missionlist in shell.lvl and use this script as the missionlist?
Mission scripts stored in the main mission.lvl do not count against the limit.

What will happen if you DO add more than 25 maps onto the AddOn?

Quote from: [LK]KingMax on August 11, 2012, 07:25:04 PM
What will happen if you DO add more than 25 maps onto the AddOn?
The game crashes when you try to play one of them simple as that.

I believe that includes joining a multiplayer match of Jabbas palace. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)