Could I get some help

Started by Carbon27, October 21, 2012, 05:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 21, 2012, 05:35:16 PM Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 05:37:05 AM by Josh
How do you take screenshots and post them on this site?

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

take a pic by pressing "p" Then you can either attach them to your post or upload to www.imgur.com then give us the link.

2 steps

1 Get the screenshot
I believe the default key for taking in-game screenshots is "P"
It will save them in the "whereveryouinstalled\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\ScreenShots" folder
It saves as a tga, so you may need to convert it to jpg or png with any image editor (Just open it then "save-as" in most programs)

2 Post it
Quick and dirty, there is a link below the post box that says "Attachments and other options"
Clicking "Browse" next to attach will put it at the bottom of your post.

There is also an "Insert Image" button in the post controls.
To use this, you must upload your image to another site and include the url to the image in the code template it sets up.

-edit (sniped by Kit :P )

October 21, 2012, 06:17:06 PM #3 Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 06:21:13 PM by Josh
So far I have have only got past pushing ''p''. Can't find the folder. Is there a default name to it? Would it be in my normal photo file? 

When you are in GameData look for a button that has Compatibility Files on it. Press it you should find your Screenshots folder there.

Would game data be like add\remove file thing?

What i have found is that i cant see my screenshots without going into 7zip and going to screenshots that'a way the folder is empty if i go the regular way and i cant paste the screenshots i press copy and it doesnt want to paste it. so this is a problem for me as well....

hmmm.....
The default place for me was :
"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\ScreenShots"
Thats for WinXP. I don't know if vista or 7 changed the \Program Files\ part , but it should be simular.

Windows 7 and Vista like to chuck them into Compatibility Files for some odd reason.

Would it be better if someone said something like, push button A witch leads you to button D then push button C...
And I have a Windows XP

Go into tools, options, xfire in-game and look for take screenshot click on it and delete the 2 numbers that are there and use any letter or letter combination. Click ok then go in-game and use the exact letter/letter combo you have entered. That's how to take a screenshot, the edited and easy way.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

I don't have xfire. Anyway around xfire?

I would recommend X-fire it's very easy to use and shouldn't have much affect on your PC but if not then the longer way to do screenshots is like this;
Quote from: tirpider on October 21, 2012, 05:45:22 PM
2 steps

1 Get the screenshot
I believe the default key for taking in-game screenshots is "P"
It will save them in the "whereveryouinstalled\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\ScreenShots" folder
It saves as a tga, so you may need to convert it to jpg or png with any image editor (Just open it then "save-as" in most programs)

2 Post it
Quick and dirty, there is a link below the post box that says "Attachments and other options"
Clicking "Browse" next to attach will put it at the bottom of your post.
There is also an "Insert Image" button in the post controls.
To use this, you must upload your image to another site and include the url to the image in the code template it sets up.
-edit (sniped by Kit :P )

Follow those instructions but the detailed way to find your screenshots is by clicking or double clicking on the following; Start>My computer or just Computer>Local disk>Program files or Program files (86x)>Lucasarts>Starwars battlefront>Gamedata>screenshots. If you've installed mod maps before its near where you put them.
A quicker way if you have a shortcut on your desktop is to right click it select 'open file location' then double click gamedata then screenshots.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

October 22, 2012, 10:28:48 AM #13 Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 02:01:11 PM by regent
I got it!  :moo: :moo: :moo: :moo: :moo: :moo: :moo:
thanks a lot! :tu: But could I get some more info on posting it here?

[less excessive emote usage please- regent]

October 22, 2012, 01:57:43 PM #14 Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 01:59:20 PM by regent
Quote from: Josh on October 22, 2012, 10:28:48 AM
I got it!  :moo: :moo: :moo: :moo: :moo: :moo: :moo:
thanks a lot! :tu: But could I get some more info on posting it here?
To post an image here you should either:
.Add it as an attachment
.Upload it to an image hosting site such as http://imgur.com/  (this being often being the  preferred method)
imgur also gives you the link between the [img] tags for you.
This means you can just copy and paste that text into a reply and the image will appear in your post. If that image is too large you can just put it between spoiler tags.