Jub Jub?

Started by Kit Fisto, August 05, 2012, 12:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So we all know what Jub Jub is... But how does it work? Is it possible to do that type of thing with say, skins? Like if you type in "swbf2" for your profile it uses SWBF2 skins? ( the sides would have to be changed of course )

Ahh yea, that is one of the things i would know, too :D

I think like an "easter egg"?! :D

Yes I think it's an easter egg that was put in by the creators...
Do you think my idea is possible?

Woha, i dont think so :D

I think its scripted (im sure it is) in exe.. 

I'm sure I heard of someone entering a server once as a small person. Not  sure how or if I imagined it though. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

LoL, It works xD
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Wait, not everyone knows about this?! If you type in "Jub Jub" ( case sensitive ) everyone will have an ewok skeleton. I don't think it works online though...
and how are things, as you say "in the exe" if a person runs the game on a mac which doesn't run exe's?

Whatever file extension it is for mac, which you use to run the game. This contains the C++ source scripts an very encrypted format aka hard-coded

ah. So hard coded is like on modable or unhackable? Like the 5 character limit?

I think in this case, its not possible...

Quote from: kitfisto15678 on August 05, 2012, 04:46:22 PM
ah. So hard coded is like on modable or unhackable? Like the 5 character limit?
Hard-coded programmed stuff in the game exe is hack-able (with memory editing software like cheat engine) but not mod-able since there's no munging or LVL files invovled. The 5 character limit is hard coded mostly but controlled to some extent by ifs_pc_spawnselect. Since we don't have the source LUA for this script there's really not much we can do to try and bypass this limit.

The jub jub feature I'm 99% certain is hard-coded and designed to only work in singleplayer.

So things that are hard coded are hackable and things that are not are moddable? Anything that involves munging is modding? :)

Quote from: kitfisto15678 on August 05, 2012, 05:29:22 PM
So things that are hard coded are hackable and things that are not are moddable? Anything that involves munging is modding? :)
By my definition, modding is any kind of hex editing or munging that involves LVL files or its sub components, and hacking means altering the memory/processes of executable files. The jub jub thing cannot be modded, although you could make a unit ODF use an ewok/jawa skeleton to set the mesh height, it would apply that mod to the whole unit class not just the individual player.

Quote from: Phobos on August 05, 2012, 04:22:43 PM
This contains the C++ source scripts an very encrypted format aka hard-coded
No no no, they are not encrypted. They are simply stored in op code which is something the CPU can understand.  It isn't impossible to read it it is just really, really hard.

August 05, 2012, 06:46:08 PM #14 Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 06:50:46 PM by Phobos
Quote from: SleepKiller on August 05, 2012, 06:22:24 PM
No no no, they are not encrypted. They are simply stored in op code which is something the CPU can understand.  It isn't impossible to read it it is just really, really hard.
the hash keys are encrypted, and OP code is pretty much just as hard to decipher.
getting source h scripts from exe would be even harder than demunging LUA scripts.