What The Next SWBF Should Be

Started by SleepKiller, August 02, 2012, 08:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So I was in the shower when it struck me what the next SWBF should be. I am a Lego fanatic for life. So the idea struck me Lego Star Wars Battlefront. Just think about it, you could make your own person to play as.

And using Havok's Physics and Havok Destruction you could have totally destroyable battlefields.

Not to mention the possibilities for a level editor.

Come on who think that this would be awesome?

I never got into Legos...but that sounds cool. Although, you can customize your player, make maps, and destroy stuff in SWBF already.

Quote from: ✫Şђã·Żäм✫ on August 02, 2012, 09:37:30 PM
I never got into Legos...but that sounds cool. Although, you can customize your player, make maps, and destroy stuff in SWBF already.
No you can't. I mean ingame and highly accessible for everyone. And you can't destroy stuff on the level I am thinking of.

How about a Star Wars Battlefront for Garry's Mod 10? There are lots of battlefront models converted for the Source Engine and there are probably scripts for things like class selection, game modes, also, garrys mod uses lua for scripting, I think.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

It would be amazing on the source engine, but it won't happen.
SWBF has always been more than a general shooter, and that is the thing "they" should keep in mind if "they" ever make another.

Personally I loved the idea of ground -> space combat (as seen in Elite Squadron & SWBF3 Alpha), I would like to see that area refined in a future release (if it ever happens).

I wouldn't like to see a Lego SWBF, I don't have anything against the games, I just don't think it works tonally(?)
I also doubt Lego would make a straight-war-sim like SWBF due to their pacifist roots.

Well, in theory, I think, it is possible, but you must be skillfull enough, to create new human, animated model.
Everything else is a matter of your will: creation destructable buildings, and human chunks...
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Digital Molecular Matter, Euphoria Physics? They used that in The Force Unleashed, only problem is that it requires you have one hell of a good gaming PC for it to work smoothly :P. ie. My HP Pavillion Laptop with 6GB of RAM, a 2Ghz Dual Core AMD VIsion CPU, and AMD Radeon Graphics (which allow me to play SWBF/2, Skyrim, TF2, and Garry's mod notably) didn't meet the requirements.
Current Projects:

Quote from: jdee-barc on August 03, 2012, 09:05:00 AM
Digital Molecular Matter, Euphoria Physics? They used that in The Force Unleashed, only problem is that it requires you have one hell of a good gaming PC for it to work smoothly :P. ie. My HP Pavillion Laptop with 6GB of RAM, a 2Ghz Dual Core AMD VIsion CPU, and AMD Radeon Graphics (which allow me to play SWBF/2, Skyrim, TF2, and Garry's mod notably) didn't meet the requirements.
No they used Havok Physics, and they aren't very resource intensive. At least Havok claims they used it on there website with a testimonial from LucasArts.
Quote from: Regent on August 03, 2012, 08:30:40 AM
It would be amazing on the source engine, but it won't happen.
SWBF has always been more than a general shooter, and that is the thing "they" should keep in mind if "they" ever make another.
SWBF on source engine... *DROOLS*

With cartoony TF2 graphics -*DROOLS*
Current Projects:

:ohmy: sleepkiller your a Lego fanatic!? As am I!!! I bet you I have/had more Lego sets than you! :o
I think the next swbf should be swbf 1 & 2 maps plus new maps, with a classic ( swbf 1 sides ) mode and a regular ( swbf 2 sides ) mode. Plus other hunts, and game modes...

Btw jdee, when did you become a moderator?!

Quote from: kitfisto15678 on August 03, 2012, 07:16:57 PM
:ohmy: sleepkiller your a Lego fanatic!? As am I!!! I bet you I have/had more Lego sets than you! :o

Btw jdee, when did you become a moderator?!
Maybe, I don't really buy sets any more but I did build up quite the collection.

Well let's just say there were these two guys who had a bit of a fight. Jdee stepped in and was the voice of reason the two guys only half listened to him. And then later on when the big bad boss showed up he promoted jdee so he could enforce peace. But that is all you are getting from me.

Ahh I read that topic, it seems to be monthly... :P
I don't really buy sets any more either. My little bro does though... I have lots of the 2000-2006 sets, mostly episode 2 ( my favorite episode ). What's your favorite one?

Quote from: kitfisto15678 on August 03, 2012, 07:26:07 PM
Ahh I read that topic, it seems to be monthly... :P
No I really don't think you did, the topic was in the "secret" forum.

I prefer the collectors sets myself I only own a couple since they are expensive. But they are well worth it.

Oh. The SECRET forum!  :ohmy:
I kinda want the Jedi star fighter one... the closest I have to collectors is a mellinium falcon. I actually have a 1999 star wars lego!