Star Wars Battlefront lacking battle? /rant

Started by Hardcore, November 24, 2009, 05:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So i play SWBF SP, a good bit nowadays and try to play out the levels in a very story oriented way but something i've always complained about is that the battlefields we are given, don't really look like battlefields. only 3 maps have ANY type of battlements such as sandbags, or trenches ect.

Even the turrets look permanent in this game, NONE of it looks like it was put their FOR battle from the troops, Hoth and Kashyyk are the only ones that come close and even those don't really look that wartorn what happened to the turrets that the Empire carried around in the movie and shot at the Falcon as they escaped? these are suppose to be battlefields, not pretend places you would like to fight! and i mean i understand that some of the maps have things like this, Geno with the outer portable CP by the clones, and Yavin with the defensive turrets like in the movie ect. but really, would it be that hard to put some sandbags infront of those doors in the CC hallway to give some cover when shooting across? or some futuristic blast shields if you want, whatever just something atleast! these are suppose to be basic troops atleast the clones/empire should have stuff like that!

oh well....end rant :P
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

good point. If there were a mod for that that's online compatible, swbf woul dbe ever better.
SteeSy

Well, almost all maps I have seen are on-line compatible. 

Its just that you have to download and install them  ;)

Buckler
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

buckler, online compatiable where no one has to have the mod to join. you go in to a regular server and see a war torn city with special looking features. these mods are a better experience than what the regular game comes with. the best part is you wont crash when you join any regular server. hard core, these ideas are what i wish guys knew and worked on instead of the mods where every one has to have the same file to experience.

Hey cull,

I disagree.  In my opinion, what we need are more people that are capable of downloading and installing maps in their addon folder.  The world of SWBF does really open up to those can DL a file.  And, yes, most of those maps can be played on-line.

The hex-edit hacks that allow no-download-required play are interesting, but can never give the type of options and new worlds to explore that a download can.

Buckler aka Led
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Good point, I always thought it was kind-of weird that the battlefield looked so clean and there was nothing that made it feel like I was actually fighting (ie defensive structures, craters, destroyed structures, etc.) in a battle.

Now if some one could make a map like this for SWBF 1, I would be happy; there is a paintball map like this for SWBF but it is not nearly as fun.

Another thing I think people could do to make the maps feel more like a battle is look at the siege maps for JK: JA and try to make things similar to them.

Although, I agree that the maps aren't like battlefields, I don't really have a problem with it. The maps are still fun to play for me.

It would be cool if they put sandbags in the CC hallway and all through the courtyard.  :happy:

"Your foe is well equipped, well-trained, battle-hardened. He believes his gods are on his side. Let him believe what he will. We have the tanks on ours."

they can. they just need to make it a shipped map with these cool ideas.

Quote from: Red on November 25, 2009, 03:58:18 PM
This is why BF doesn't appeal to me. I wrote out a huge mod idea that would balance the sides to be more realistic and competitive (each side has only a few minor differences that don't affect balance much) and tone down the overkill vehicles. Sadly it was lost when MXG went down.

However, I never considered that it was the maps that were also the problem. They all look like everyone just teleported in there and started fighting. Waaay too much open space to be an actual battlefield (granted, geonosis has a canonical excuse).

SWBF1...Well even though it's in it's glory days, i think lucasarts should make a better, more finalized patch. I mean, a common ordinary player (Battlebelk) made antiglitches...something Lucasarts should've done in the first place.
.:AM:. Quik <3: ag..
.:AM:. Quik <3: his avatar...
.:AM:. Quik <3: is really gay..
.:AM:. Quik <3: lol
Droideka: avatar isn't gay!
Droideka: AG is

.:AM:. Quik <3: don't worry, i like you
.:AM:. Quik <3: that's all that matters
Droideka: NOO
Droideka: i only care about BD
Droideka: that sounded gay

Quote from: keenmike on December 04, 2009, 10:31:29 PM
how many still play 1.0?

Barely any. The most I've seen now a days is about 10-15 on at the same time.
.:AM:. Quik <3: ag..
.:AM:. Quik <3: his avatar...
.:AM:. Quik <3: is really gay..
.:AM:. Quik <3: lol
Droideka: avatar isn't gay!
Droideka: AG is

.:AM:. Quik <3: don't worry, i like you
.:AM:. Quik <3: that's all that matters
Droideka: NOO
Droideka: i only care about BD
Droideka: that sounded gay