Kit Fisto's Poll #3

Started by Kit Fisto, December 17, 2012, 04:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Platform Do You FIRST Recall Playing Star Wars Battlefront I on?

PC
PlayStation2
Xbox
Mac
December 17, 2012, 04:31:12 PM Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 06:00:40 PM by Kit Fisto
What Platform Do You First Recall Playing Star Wars Battlefront I on?

And what year? If you can remember...

Me? I first played on a PS2 at my friends house for HOURS on end! I must have been around 7 or 8.
Now that I think about it I've never played SWBFI or II on an xbox...  :dry:

December 17, 2012, 04:37:48 PM #1 Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 06:31:15 PM by {212}MartyClaus
I was at a party with one of my older friends, I was like 9 and he was playing it on ps2, he was like 15, then I played, I liked it but me being a 9 year old forgot about it and I didn't buy it for ps2 until a couple years ago. I'm not sure if I played that or the Endor demo version first.    ....now that i think about it, might have been a xbox not a ps2 :P

PS/2 in 2005 or 2006
I can't remember, exactly.

I was working as a midnight stocker at  a Wal-Mart and I remember my co-workers bragging about thier awesome Halo skills.  One of them recomended SWBF to me, saying I'd love it.  I kept putting it off because of bills and such, then my wife got it for me on a whim.   Probably the best gift I have ever recieved as it has fueled an obsession that has lasted for years.  Battlefront after work was standard practice untill recently.  Now I focus on exploring the PC version and what is and isn't do-able in it (got hung up on the msh part, but starting to move into other areas now.)   

I'd love to work with the PS2 files, but the gimmick-ish nature of getting homebrew to work on it is not something I want (or can) to invest time or money into.

I first played it on my buddy John's Xbox 360. Now that I think about it, I was like 11 when we played that at his house. Played on PC when I was 13 in the middle of August for MP, played when I turned 13 for a full year of SP before that.

My mom, buy PlayStation2 version, for my birthday, in 2004. I was so happy, and play in it all night. Few years after, I have to help my now ex-girlfriend, with dissertation, and by PC, for text writing and information searching. Accidentaly, when I start learn, how to use PC, I find info, about SWBF1 modding possibilty, and by PC version (pirate). After that, my jurney for orginal disc has began...
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

I first played it on the PS2 at my cousins house in 04 then shortly after bought  it.  I played only SP and split screen with my brother when he lived in my basement until BF2 came out (the same day episode 3 was released on DVD) in 06.  Played that for a long time and still do every once and a while. 

ps2 at friends
got it for christmas in 04 and been pc ever since
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

I got a PS2 with my younger brother in 2005 when I was 13 specifically for Star Wars games (I was fed up of not being able to play some on my my terrible PC) and got SWBF with it, I played splitscreen for a few years (probably in the 1000 hour area).
Then in May 2011 I got the PC version with a pack of 5 star wars games for £10 which I only got to play the original KOTOR and thought I would see what multiplayer was like. I ended up playing 25+ hours a week and still played a few hours every night until the servers were closed (I still play now but mostly at weekends).
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I have no idea how an xbox came into my life, but I just walked into my parents room around age 10/11 and found an xbox lying there. I had never even heard or seen an xbox before. I just turned it on and started playing Star Wars Battlefront and MechAssault.

I think on PC 2 years ago (Single Player) --> 2010/2011
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Interesting. As many people first played on the Xbox as the Mac! I thought the Mac would have 0! And it seems a lot of people played the ps2 and PC!

Who said they first played on a Mac?

Mine was PC. When the game first came out in 04 my best friend bought it. When he tried to install it would not run on his computer so he just gave it to me  :blink: I installed it on my cp and have been in love ever since. Although the relationship hasn't been perfect, I messed up the original, 3 disc install kit and had to buy the DVD version about 2 years ago. I have also taken time off from the game and always come running back. <3 SWBF

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

:moo: Mac  :moo: Mac  :moo: mac  :moo:

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

I got it for PS2 on launch, played it for about a year and re-got it for Mac when the Jedi Knight 2 community died. (Don't worry it's back again now).