SWBF1 mac sound messed up

Started by Kit Fisto, August 26, 2012, 02:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 26, 2012, 02:56:42 PM Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 01:20:04 AM by Regent
For some reason my SWBF1 game's sound is all high pitched! It started a couple weeks ago and I thought it would just go away, but I guess not!  :rant:
Chart of what sound is/isn't messed up

Sound that IS all high pitched
1. the screen where you can choose your profile and all the others branching off from that. ( vid options, singleplayer etc. )
2. The level loading sound. Where the lines "zoom" into the planet.
3. All gameplay sounds, like speech, weapons sounds and explosions, ALL of it.  :'(

Sound that ISN"T high pitched
1. The little add's that come when you open up swbf, like lucasarts, pandemic, etc.
2. The movies they show in campaign mode
3. The voices that speak in campaign mode before you press "launch" ( admiral ackbar, yoda, emperor )

PLEASE HELP!!! I don't really want to re-install swbf because i don't know the admin password for my computer and I forgot how I got it to work on the macbook in the first place!  :rant: :'(

Ok I just completely re-installed SWBF and the sound is still messed up!!!!!!   I don't know what to do!!!
Hey Regent or other Mac-ers: What computer type do you have? Does it run SWBF with no offline lag? Can it run, say one of Sereja's maps with no offline lag?

I have no idea why it would do that. You could just turn down the game volume if it really annoys you.

I use a Mac Book Pro Version 10.6.8, I sometimes experience slight lag on SWBF1, and specifically on Serajas' maps... well I get a  bit but it's not very noticeable.

Since you are both using a macbook pro too, can I ask something?

My computer is, since two weeks now, heating up very quickly, and making a lot of noise. Has somebody also ever experienced this? What can I do about this?

btw Kit fisto: I am not a computer expert, neither do I know how to solve your problem, and I'm sure you already did this but maybe you should mess around with the sound options of the game, or create a new profile

Quote from: Mr. Banthafodder on August 27, 2012, 01:54:16 AM
Since you are both using a macbook pro too, can I ask something?
My computer is, since two weeks now, heating up very quickly, and making a lot of noise. Has somebody also ever experienced this? What can I do about this?
How old is it? It might just be the fan being dusty.
I had my fan cleaned recently and that sorted it out, only cost about £10.

My computer is around 6 years old.
I already thought it had something to do with the fans
Thanks for the help  :tu: .

Odd, It's gone now. ( Right when I put SK's Dagobah with SWBF2 sides on... :shrug: )

It was probably something wrong with your sides. You probably changed some lines in your sound ODFs or something on accident.

Quote from: -=[Sha-Zam]=- on September 01, 2012, 02:21:56 PM
It was probably something wrong with your sides. You probably changed some lines in your sound ODFs or something on accident.
I thought it might have been that but in fact when it was messed up all the sound for any mods I put on, OC or not, were messed up with it. It's wierd but whatever. I'm happy it's fixed now!

That's realy funny: my maps are surely poison, for any MAC's :sick:, but SleepKiller's maps, are can be an antidot ;).
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: Sereja on September 01, 2012, 02:47:04 PM
That's realy funny: my maps are surely poison, for any MAC's :sick:, but SleepKiller's maps, are can be an antidot ;).
Ha Ha! No it wasn't your maps sereja that caused the problem, your maps are what keep the game fresh and new!  :cheers:
I guess SleepKiller's SWBF2 sides made the sound better.  :shrug: